Fully Sic Bro, CAR WORLD (1 Viewer)

N

ND

When i was looking to do a swap in my subi, i got a quote for about $500 (a little more if there were complications).

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
hey guys im going to buy a r34 soon..

can anyone tell me the difference in specs between the 2 door coupe and the 4 door sedan?

M-THIS

Originally posted by ND
When i was looking to do a swap in my subi, i got a quote for about $500 (a little more if there were complications).
is that all? $500? what...a straight engine swap? like of the same engine? good price

needtostudy

ND: $500 ? you gota be joking is that by a know it mechanic ? unless the engine is a direct swap without modifications, but usually it would cost a shit load varying from $1500 + depending on what you want done.

ummm r34 2 door and 4 door ? which models are you looking at cause u surely can't get GTR in 4 door, and there are non turbo & turbo models to choose from. i believe this website would be of great use to you in your search. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/
http://www.skylinesnsw.com/community/

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
im looking to buy a R34 GT-t..in yellow!! with a carbon GT wing..i cant afford a GT-R!! lol..so im not sure whether i should buy a 2 door or 4 door..people seems to think a 2 door version looks too gangsterish..but im not too sure on that! im planning to import one from japan.

Last edited:

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
just out of query, anyone seen the r35 concept? i dont quite like it.to be honest..its too soft, not bold enough like the r34! well thats if ive been looking at the right pics!

M-THIS

of cause go for the 2 doors, 4 doors are crap! not gansterish, a 1978 grey ltd with dark tint is!

2 door r34 = kick arse.

the specs on the gtt arn't that impressive are they? haven't looked at that website but from memory are not that awesome!

importing will cost more cause of new laws. raws

r35, taht is the one with a v8 engine right? prob released in Australia? read it in wheels i think, forgot the look!

i actually really like the gtst R33 series 2... also did you know they had a special edition series 3 ??? :) arhh!

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
R34 Gt-t
2498cc twin-cam 24-valve turbo EFI straight six
Format : RWD
Weight : 1410kg
Power : 206Kw
Torque : 343NM
0-100km/h : 6.0
1/4 mile : 15

its alright i guess?

needtostudy

yeh its alright, but the r34 gtt turbo is weak, when boosted up high like i remember reading a guy boosted it around 0.8bar and it blew the turbo, also the r34 is not that quick too, but i would take the r34 gtt over the r33 gtst any day due purely to looks and style, girls would love it and plus its newers also.

but for the price of a r34gtt you can pick up a r33 gtr and whip a lot of arse, or if you want a fast car go the r32 gtr although old its still looks horn.

N

ND

Originally posted by needtostudy
ND: $500 ? you gota be joking is that by a know it mechanic ? unless the engine is a direct swap without modifications, but usually it would cost a shit load varying from $1500 + depending on what you want done.
Well it was my friend's dad (who's a mechanic), and it was gonna be an ej220 to ej20tt (fits straight in).

M-THIS

206kw thats alright!

isn't it heaps less at the wheels?

i recon i likt the look of teh r33 more! don't like R32.

you can't get a r33 GTR with teh price of a gtt? can you?

if so definately get the gtr! what price range?

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
yeh r34 gtt is around the same of price of a r33 gtr..about $40k...

But im getting r34 over the r33 purely because i like the look of the r34 better..

hehe...

the fact is, even a r33gts is faster than the r34gtt because it is lighter and more powerful..

M-THIS

you can get r34 cheaper than $40K!

R33 GTR is a fair price then! they look sic, the fornt bar and all! twin turbs over single anyday! they will out run anything man! really, cops, porches, bmw (not mine though :p), v8s, all commadores and falcons!!!

how much is GTR R34? $80K - $90K

m3h_m3h

HSC
it'll cost me under $1k for labour. its pretty much straight swap. drops straight in. coz its JDM engine so its RHD aswell. wirin harness etc all the same.
only realy diff between engines is SOHC and DOHC, however this DOHC engine is much more easier to extract power out from without doin to much internal work.

i love those new R34 GTR's aswell. fkin look awesome.
my mates mum drives an R33 GTR aswell :D

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
i've seen r34 gtr's for around $100k..

i say r34gtt is around $40k, but hey, this includes some mods, such as gtr body kit, boost timers, muffler..etc!

anyone done a "widening" job to their skyline?

needtostudy

powerplayimports.com
they have nice cars but their prices are ridiculous
r34 gtt range from what i have seen 33k +

u serious direct swap for unda 1k ? can u do that to my mums accord ? i wana make a accord type R sleeper n go around chop some ricers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)