Fully Sic Bro, CAR WORLD (1 Viewer)

needtostudy

lol its a material like fibreglass, did they just paint it black ??

hey m-this check out nico's (dtm site) e36 convertible import from europe m3 with e46 bumper its hot

chromes add like 200 kg to your car depending on size and type, which slows your car down if your into performance go for something like volk te37's

N

ND

Question for anyone who knows:
Do the police ever do 'on the spot' emissions tests? The reason i ask is because my fake cat was rattling a bit, so i took it to an exhaust place to ask them to TIG weld it, but he wouldn't touch it, and said i could get a $5000 (!!) fine if i get caught. My system is pretty loud, and has a fat muffler on it, which attracts alot of attention from the police (like driving an import doesn't get you enough attention). It wouldn't be that bad if i just got defected for the loudness, but a $5000 fine would hurt (just think of the mods you could do with that).

needtostudy

5000 fine ? i don't think so, just get a hi flow cat its all worth the money, also cops can't do an emission test but a decibel test if they got the equipment on hand, other then that they could send you to rta and your really screwed then.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
cops don't usually have the testing equipment on them when they pull you over.. i've heard about guys who've been pulled over and given a piece of paper pretty much saying "go to the rta and get this tested, blah blah"..

pretty much what nts said :D

N

ND

How long is the time period from when the cops get you to when you need to go to the RTA? Wouldn't you just be able to put on a cat before going to them?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
erm.. i think they were instant follow-me type things.

N

ND

Really? Oh well at least the RTA isn't open at night (when i do most of my driving).
Thanks.

needtostudy

they could also send you to a portable defect station, its unpredictable and to be safe just get yourself a hi flow cat

N

ND

Yeh you're right, i just don't like the idea of spending $300 to decrease the performance.

N

ND

On another note, does anyone know how to drift in an auto? Usually, i use the clutch (or just the accelerrator) to induce drift. In 2nd (on the auto) i can't seem to be able to break traction using the accelerrator (in the dry), and when i stomp it and drop back to first i have no control of the drift. Never tryed the handbrake, should i?

needtostudy

nah, a proper drift u should be able to do it in a auto if u have the right technique i suggest u flick it to understeer n over steer it in one quick motion while keeping the gear in second n first constantly tapping the accelerator it should work, if u leave ur foot on it u will just gain traction quickly, i think what your mentiong stomping on it is a power slide am i right ? handbrake is just to get the right angle for a drift

M-THIS

try handbrakes in big open areas!

TIP: in first. into turn with mild accel... revs quite high... let go of gas to entre turn.... than hammer or hard tapping of gas... watch the car slide!

N.B some cars don't drift good into one side... ie commadores not good to the left!

after pratice do some under/oversteer techniques like stated above!

best to do on tight corners uphill gradient!

best to do coming out of small streets into a larger/wider one... in quiet area! becareful of parked cars!

remeber than PANELS are EXPRENSIVE$$$

N

ND

Yeh i have no problem after i initiate the drift, just getting it going (cos i previsously did it in a manual and used the clutch). Anway i went out for a few hours last night, and i've pretty much got it down now (only in the wet though, don't wanna kill my tyres just yet). Gonna go do some more tonight (this is the first time i've owned a RWD :p).

Isaac: how much are you asking for those wheels? i could do with another set of tyres.

M-THIS

what kinda wheels are they?

what kinda car you have ND... sorry can't find the above post!?

yeah good going! we can do some drift partnership-ing some time! haha

N

ND

Originally posted by M-THIS

what kinda car you have ND... sorry can't find the above post!?
Originally posted by ND

Just bought a turbo s13. Fully stock, but this week it will be getting a 3" stanless steel turbo back system, boost controller and BOV. Gonna do the suspension and get some nice mags when i've got some more money.

RIZAL

HSC
they are ordinary looking 5 spokes. 15inch.

Not exactly what I'd be sticking on a Bimmer. Plus they are 4 stud and if I can remember my mates 3 series coupe correctly, the BM's are 5 stud.

anyway, this is the kit i'm thinking of getting.......tell me what you think....I know it's ricey but good looking non rice kits for the 180 are few and far between.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)