Full Examination Paper (1 Viewer)

Web Addict

HSC
If jacaranda is saying that photocells includes solar cells, and many students write about solar cells because photocells don't get taught (I learnt photocells as being solar cells), then surely something would have to be done?
Isn't there the same problem for Chemistry? In Conquering Chemistry, it says that a catalyst is used to initiate an addition polymerisation, however the HSC marks this as wrong. Instead, they only accept the initiator.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Isn't there the same problem for Chemistry? In Conquering Chemistry, it says that a catalyst is used to initiate an addition polymerisation, however the HSC marks this as wrong. Instead, they only accept the initiator.
So bad man.We should see this next year:

2014 HSC 3 marks:

"Explain how you assessed the validity of data from textbooks."

fionarykim

HSC
yehp i wrote and drew about solar cells!
i completely forgot what a photocell was HAHA

also i had already predicted there wasnt going to be a projectiles
dont ask me why, but i just had the confidence to tell my class projectiles probably wouldnt be in it
i think its coz if u look at the pattern of the focus of projectiles through the past years, u can see it wont be likely this year

So ironic, I knew photocells perfectly but I crammed solar cells before the exam and I wrote about solar cells.
Good work Abdullah, good work...
WOW thats what i did too!
for my trials i knew about photocells, but they asked solar cells
so for HSC i crammed solar cells forget photocells
nek minute HSC asks photocells ==

Last edited:

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks. Good Paper overall Btw. Easier than chem for sure.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Bahaha wouldn't mind seeing that in my test next year :p
Today we got something about the validity of sources for information on a rocket scientist.
Luckily our class spent three weeks watching "space race" eating popcorn last year.
Somehow retained that info without studying it.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Today we got something about the validity of sources for information on a rocket scientist.
Luckily our class spent three weeks watching "space race" eating popcorn last year.
Somehow retained that info without studying it.
I looked my guy up on Wikipedia. I don't think that would have gone down well haha.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
hey guys... i have the jacaranda book in pdf... below are the only two pages of information it has for photocells... i think if we explained pn junctions and stuff properly we should be able to get 4 marks. I could obviously be wrong...but im just hoping...

page 1: http://i43.tinypic.com/2mwvuaf.png
page 2: http://i41.tinypic.com/2iqlowi.png
We should be alright. If you wrote all of this: http://www.engineersgarage.com/electronic-circuits/working-light-dependent-resistor

Which is what I did and added the pn junctions, then should be at least 2 marks.

I have always thought that LDRs are pn junctions with a cathode and anode attached to the pn junction, kinda like the structure of an LED.
I might be wrong though, and I didn't mention cathode or anode so I could be screwed.

Hypem

HSC
Last thing I studied in the morning was photocells! haha

Although my diagram was really ugly. So probably lost a mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)