fucking hell anyone else had this happen? (1 Viewer)

proletariat

HSC
This happens to pretty much everyone in our class.

We're given an assesment task.

we do the task, get 'help' from the teachers..
they say its great stuff...

come marking time, you get like a really shitty mark.

the gap between our top students and the rest of us is like.. 4/20...

sorry about swearing, i dont normally swear but its bullshit when youre told youll get a good mark or some shit like that and you end up with like a 12/20

how do i go about fixing this? its utter bullshit, know not to trust teachers ever again.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
same thing happened to a lot of my english cohort where a whole heap of them got dicked
.. you can't really do much to prevent it. However, it's probably best not to give 'drafts' to the marker of the task.. as they really can't give an accurate assessment of your essay before the actual exam. I'd suggest you give drafts to some other teacher

proletariat

HSC
none of the other english teachers want to help us, they get all offended that their students dont go to them.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
The problem usually comes when the teacher giving the advice is not the one marking it.

This happened to me at UNIVERSITY! The lecturer running the course was giving all sorts of advice to students (which I ignored, because I KNEW he was wrong - this was in Intro to Computers in a teaching diploma, BTW) and I was warning my friends in the course not to listen to him.

Well, guess what, he did not mark the assignment, someone else did and those that did listen to him got crap marks. Fancy that.

And it also happened in a sociology assignment where the lecturer gave advice but the markers marked it ALL wrong.

The best thing to do is get advice AWAY from school, from someone who really knows what they are doing, and apply that. OR use your own counsel and come up with something new.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)