Fucked Situation - Economics (1 Viewer)

E

Eses

Guys i need your help, i am desperate and i need it now. The story.... Ok well the globalisation hsc assesment task for economics. I have been accused or rather suspicions raised about plagiarism. What happened was an hour before it was due i was told an introduction to globalisation was needed so i printed off my essay not realising it was the incomplete version ( a few refrences in the bibliography and a chart) anyway they tell me they want proof of my sources. the source is no longer there so i cant argue either way that it's mine or the source that it was obtained. they have marked everyone except mine and are refusing to until proof is provided. What can i do? i'm in need of desperate help.

bobo123

HSC
arnt you innocent until proven guilty?

the markers are the ones that are suppose to back up their claims of plagiarism with sources.

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by bobo123

the markers are the ones that are suppose to back up their claims of plagiarism with sources.
yeah i agree....they should have to prove that u did it - i mean who are they to go round 'willy nilly' and accuse ppl of plagiarism?? if they cant prove that u plagiarised a piece of work then tough luck for them....

im guessing they are saying simply that this piece of work was well above the standard they expected from u, otherwise they would have the proof.....just say that u r turning over a new leaf and u cant understand y teachers are 'bullying' u into admitting something that u didnt to!

Twintip

I don't quite understand the problem, what were they questioning? How relevant is what you did an hour before? (I've read your post 3 times and still don't understand what you're saying).

If a source of yours no-longer exists, then it shouldn't matter. Your bibliography should (if it was a website) quote the day you accessed it. They can't prove anything if the website is no longer there. They aren't doing anything wrong in questioning how legitimate your work is but if they can't prove it then you have the right to have your work marked.

I don't do Ecos so I don't know what sort of assessment this was, and how rigid you have to be with everything...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC

I'll eat my hat if you're not a legal student.

What you really need to do is talk to the teachers involved. Explain your situation (you didn't actually say whether you plagiarised or not but Im assuming you didn't) and then ask them to explain what their concerns are and on what grounds are their suspicions of plagiarism. Plagiarism is taken very seriously so you have to make sure this gets sorted out, but when you're talking to your teachers stay calm and don't let emotions overcome you. If you are innocent, you should have nothing to worry about and you want to let them see this.

bobo123

HSC
sorry i dont do legal studies :)

anyway good luck eses
but gotta remember arguing with a teacher is like playing tug of war with a knife with you holding onto the blade. Either way you will lose.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
but gotta remember arguing with a teacher is like playing tug of war with a knife with you holding onto the blade. Either way you will lose.
interesting concept bobo. never heard that one before and i like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)