Frontline question (1 Viewer)

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
Hey all,

I've got an assignment on Frontline which is asking me to write the introduction for a catalogue on an exhibition of 'truth in the media', and I have to use a couple of frontline eps along with an additional text which I've already chosen. I should be ok for writing the meat of it, but I need a little help with a start. Any ideas?

Teoh

Originally posted by bloodysunday
Hey all,

I've got an assignment on Frontline which is asking me to write the introduction for a catalogue
Originally posted by bloodysunday
I should be ok for writing the meat of it, but I need a little help with a start
[/B]
...What do u mean? Aren't you only writing the start? Or are you talking about the first sentence...

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
one of the first things u need 2 do is establish ur thesis for the piece - u know, the ideas that link 2gether all ur texts (whether its that the media distorts the truth or whatever). I guess the first sentence though should be something 2 try and catch the responder's attention...a little humour never goes astray - as long as it doesnt sound 2 forced of course

Jennibeans

HSC
make sure you address the context - make it sound like a catalogue & remember that catalogue has to make people want to see the exhibition so make the 1st line catchy if you can. think about the type of people who would be reading a catalogue like that & what would appeal to them

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah make sure you come up with what you want to tell them first! come up with the topic, introduce that in the first sentence. if you've chosen texts it should be smooth sailing from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)