Fringe (1 Viewer)

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Anyone just watch that show on NBN,
It's pretty intense, and good!

Morbo

HSC
I don't see the comparison that everybody seems to think: The X-Files meets Lost. Sure, its a sci-fi and the first scene involved an airplane with 108 (4+8+15+16+23+42) passengers and Lance Reddick appears in both shows but other then that, it draws no comparisons with Lost.
The pilot was okay, but the plot twist at the end had me thinking, we followed the main protagonists attempts to heal her lover from imminent death (I wouldn't go as far and say that he was her boyfriend) only for him to die in the end and turns out he was working for the opposing side? The whole episode kind of seemed pointless then once you thought about it that way other than to provide a means to introduce the main characters (which I guess, is the purpose of a pilot). But, I'm sure things will pick up throughout the season.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
The premise is good and interesting, and the protagonist was well acted. But the dialogue was dry, the comic relief wasn't presented to its full potential and there was a lack of depth to the actual scenes - it seemed as though the cultural context of it was just blurred together. The dream scene was good, but it was too obvious that it was all just computer graphics.

Also, the big letters that tell you where they are before the camera goes through them were okay, but not exactly necessary and just a excuse for wasting actual plot time.

If they cut it down to 45 - 50 minutes total, I would have liked it a lot better.

HSC
im so sick of channel nine calling it epic o_O

but the show is pretty friggin' awesome ;D

mattchis

HSC
Fringe is an awesome tv show. Its the best new show on tv currently...Glad to see atleast 1 channel is running a TV show that isnt about dancing/singing/fatties loosing wieght/crime... (yeah i am aware about dexter and all that, they are alright but you know what i mean)

Although because it is not like these tv shows and it does not appeal to the normal tv watchers...it will be pushed back to about 11:30 at night and then played randomly and then eventually end up like battle star galactica and just disapear, we need more decent tv shows like this one in australia.

aimhigh10

HSC
i reckon its pretty good :D
but its on at the same time as house :(

HSC
^lol. house is so shit compared to it. i was watching an episode last week and seriously house isnt as good as it use to be, whereas this show is like whoa awesome, plus you have to watch it all to get it <3

Mothers

Banned
HSC
This show is seriously the shizz. It's good shit, and I agree with the above poster, House pales in comparison to Fringe.

Morbo

HSC
No, I'd much prefer to watch House than Fringe. It's not the greatest show at the moment, I've downloaded all the episodes so far and thought only the third episode was above average (don't get me wrong, Fringe is still a lot better than anything else that's showing on television at the moment). The forth episode was not great and for some reason I'm in constant pain whenever I see/hear Joshua Jackson on screen. After Dawson's Creek, how can anybody take him seriously ever again...

I'm still going to watch though, intrigued by Lance Reddick and Blair Brown's characters.
But, at the moment for me it's Lost > Dexter >= House > Fringe > every other show on TV that's not currently airing reruns.

aimhigh10

HSC
my holiday routine
has consisted of me updating all episodes of fringe off sidereel
bc then i watch house on tv on wednesday (my dad watches it as well)
and then switch to fringe in the breaks

probably when school starts, will have to watch it alternate weeks
(too much work.. and exams :()

HSC
i love this show. can't wait for next week. :D

it sucks that it wasn't played in the US [which means we're basically like a day behind] ;o

HSC
i fucking hate channel 9
no fringe tonight. someone told me it got axed; i hate channel 9 :(

:mad1:

i dont get why they would replace it with a shit show :(

HSC
its not on tonight, they have that shitty 'the mentalist' show and on the commercials its like 'on the new time...' so im guessing they axed it :(

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Nine canceled it... but it is still going in America so if you still want to see it you can download it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)