Friendship Vs love or infatuation (1 Viewer)

ravenheart

HSC
is it really wrong to date your friend's ex? i admit i have done this in the past, lyk way way back in the past, around 2yrs ago, and none of the relationships work well, and eva since then, i learnt my lesson cos it really aint worth losing those genuine friendships. even today i sometimes feel remorse for what i did,

ichig0

HSC
oh i've had this asked before... well if u like eachother, no one can help that but if u really really really like her then i say go for it as long as ur friend is okai with it and she's okai with it too...
if both aren't okai with it..or even give the slightest hesitation..then i bet they aren't over eachother.. but yeh.. it's only if u really really like her that u should consider it..

ravenheart

HSC
i did this when i was in yr 10, and kind desperate becoz not really seeking relationship during prelim and hsc. so yea..it was an act of impulse i guess, but..wouldnt by dating friend's ex b considered as a betrayal on ur friends? even if the friend seems okay wif it, but still ...maybe he only disguised his true feeling to show his broad-mindedness...

ichig0

HSC
well morally it's kind of wrong... but hey..if u really really really like her.. nothing should stop u...

my friend asked me if he should start dating his ex's best friend!... they both really liked eachother and now they've been going out for months... it's all good.. i mean.. ur friend's true feeligns will eventually show if he did have a problem with it..
but yeh.. make sure ur friendship with him is okai first b4 u make a move on his ex..
if u just reckon she's pretty and all..and dont really LIKE her.. then i say look elsewhere :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I say make sure you dont get into anything too fucked, as long as everyones ok with it, then go for it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
depends on who "ex'd" who
if your friend broke up with that person, and you later go out with that person, why should your friend care...he/she doesn't really have the right to care anyway..an ex is exactly that, an ex

ravenheart

HSC
but what if my friend kinda hate his ex? i mean shouldnt i be on my friend's side right? but i was acting like a mediator who tried to get them back again,at that time i was doing it completely for the sake of my friend cos he didnt really wanna breakup, but during the process of being this lynch-pin, i found myself more attracted to her, so i kinda start making moves...

I guess the point im trying to make is..if you love or like ur friend's ex alot, would u date her if u knew this would put an end to a 2-years-close -friendship?

Last edited:

berry580

HSC
If you know your friend's ex still have feelings with your friend, then I reckon its a waste of time to go for her. If you like her, and she like's you, then you can pretty much f--- your friend. It's like- she doesn't like your friend anymore, so why bother and hold it back?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think it has to be a long time since your friend has gone out with them, at least a year and they have to be totally comfortasble with it

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
i think it has to be a long time since your friend has gone out with them, at least a year and they have to be totally comfortasble with it
3 girls in my group have gone out with the same guy, his current gf have been dating for almost 3 years, whereas the other two 2 weeks and 8 months respectively :p

ravenheart

HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
3 girls in my group have gone out with the same guy, his current gf have been dating for almost 3 years, whereas the other two 2 weeks and 8 months respectively :p

your 3 friends obviously knew that they are dating the same guy right?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I liked my ex-friend's ex for a while. Then I realized what a sad little boy he was and got over it quick smart. I don't go where my friends have been.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
It depends on the circumstances and the people involved, but most of the time it's pretty wrong

LoUiE SmOoiE

valentines day sux
HSC
all of my friends exs are either wogs whos relationships have lasted 4 weeks, or there either really weird.....i wouldnt go out wit a friends ex, mayb a one nighter, but not go out. lets just say if ur best friend went out with your ex, but u still like ur ex than theres guna b sum fire to u and ur friends friendship, i dnt think its wrong to date a ex of a friend cause seriously, there relationship is over, no more feelings involved, unless of course there is than that would b a different story.

J

jhakka

As was said above: depends on the circumstances. But I wouldn't go around hiding it from him. That's bad.

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
I dont think i would go out with a friends ex. I mean so many other factors come into consideration, but i cant see that happening.

My friend went out with my ex behind my back, it was like months until i found out. I thought that was pretty low. Especially since out of all the days to tell me, she chose to tell me on my birthday... seemed like she was setting out just to piss me off.
If she had just asked me if i was ok with it before they started dating, then i wouldnt have a problem, because i dont have any feelings for him. But she did it behind my back, so now i hate her.
Anyways im definately over that,.

So yeh, if you want to go out with a friends ex, please talk to them about it!

coroneos

i rkn u shouldnt go out with one of ure friend's x's cuz it can fk up ure friendship as it did 2 one of my friends.

ravenheart

HSC
i definitely dated friend's ex after they broke up, but the thing is...friend thought i was the reason why they broke up, but in fact it was because his ex didnt like him anymore. i sorta went out wif her as a friend becos i was trying to persuade her to rethink her decision, instead it kinda turned out like a date. So..yea..i sometimes thought it was me who kinda interfered their relationship. i dont think i did anything wrong...or did i?

p.s. relationship with friend's ex never went well...so..i probably will never do anything like this again..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)