Friends who are assholes who are friends... (1 Viewer)

dora_18

HSC
Sorry to break it to you, but guy's don't like to talk about deep and meaningfuls
thats not true...some really do like them. I have deep and meaningfuls with one of my best friends all the time...hes a guy!In fact he has better conversations with me and understands me more than my chick friends.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
joe_rulez37 said:
Why be so harsh for? Reflect back on when you were in year 12. It might seem trivial to you now as an adult, but teens think differently.

No,GJV, I'm not a psych student and it's only my opinon. It's up to you who's advice you follow.
in year 12 i laughed at dumb hassle like this
its such an easy fix its almost as if you are getting off over the analysis and the fight

kids...

Lori.

HSC
joe_rulez37 said:
No wonder! You can't expect someone to change who they are in just a week or so when they've acted the same way for the past 17 years (I'm assuming) of their life! Give him some time
:mad1: I'm not a child. We're both 19.

joe_rulez37

HSC
GJV said:
:mad1: I'm not a child. We're both 19.
Whoops my mistake, it's just that your HSC states 2006, so I assumed 17.

Btw are you really doing your HSC at 19? Respekt

Lori.

HSC
Yes, I'm a little behind. It's awful. I have to take a gap year next year, and i'll get out of uni when I'm 23 :/

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
GJV said:
Yesterday I invited my best friend out to a movie, just to have a quiet relaxing night. I called him when he finished work and asked him to pick me up at 6. Come 5.56, I'm packing my bag and another friend calls me up and swears at me to get the fuck downstairs, etc. It turns out that my best friend, whom I invited to go out invited more of our friends to go out with us, without even asking me or telling me when I called him earlier.
Then they drove off around the corner to give me a scare and I called him and told him to go on without me and do whatever they want to do, since I was planning to have a night out on my own anyways, and any night that those particular friends are out with him is anything but quiet and relaxing, cause they are constantly bickering at each other...

So i went to see my movie and when that was finished, I just saw them walking into their movie so I told him to come talk to me, and when he did he was just laughing at me and saying that it wasn't a big deal. Although it's obviously a big deal to me.
I was just so pissed off that he couldn't even be bothered to tell me that he's inviting other people, and that he let his friend swear at me, and that he couldn't even call to find out why I'm getting pissed off - cause those are things that friends should do, aren't they?

Later at night, I messaged him saying that I wont let his arrogant behaviour go this time (bacause he constantly does whatever the hell he wants and acts like its ok, and expects everyone to go out of their way for him...), and that I dont need a friend like him and that maybe we would talk in a few weeks time. I was hoping that he would understand that he should call up and find out whats wrong / apologize.
Then this morning, he turned the tables on me and basically told me everything i told him, just in reverse. And now he's not talking to me although its supposed to be the other way around!

So i guess I'm hoping to hear your thoughts on my situation, am I right waiting for him to come around?? or is it never going to happen??:(
You arent fucking him are you? well then looks like you dont have a right to complain about which friends he invited to the movies. Unless you specified only the two of you [after doing which he is gonna think you want him] then he hasnt done anything wrong.

Lori.

HSC
I was going out on my own and decided to invite him last minute. Nothing confusing about that lol

Lori.

HSC
Serius said:
You arent fucking him are you? well then looks like you dont have a right to complain about which friends he invited to the movies. Unless you specified only the two of you [after doing which he is gonna think you want him] then he hasnt done anything wrong.
I think I've made it very clear that I invited him, which inturn means that if I wanted other people to come along, then I would have invited them.
I've also made it clear that this isn't the main problem that i have with him right now.
And no I am not fucking him

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
alright well in that case ive got nothing, you are completely in the right to be shitty. I would still appologise though, because its not really worth losing a friend over a missunderstanding.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
GJV said:
Yesterday I invited my best friend out to a movie, just to have a quiet relaxing night. I called him when he finished work and asked him to pick me up at 6. Come 5.56, I'm packing my bag and another friend calls me up and swears at me to get the fuck downstairs, etc. It turns out that my best friend, whom I invited to go out invited more of our friends to go out with us, without even asking me or telling me when I called him earlier.
Then they drove off around the corner to give me a scare and I called him and told him to go on without me and do whatever they want to do, since I was planning to have a night out on my own anyways, and any night that those particular friends are out with him is anything but quiet and relaxing, cause they are constantly bickering at each other...

So i went to see my movie and when that was finished, I just saw them walking into their movie so I told him to come talk to me, and when he did he was just laughing at me and saying that it wasn't a big deal. Although it's obviously a big deal to me.
I was just so pissed off that he couldn't even be bothered to tell me that he's inviting other people, and that he let his friend swear at me, and that he couldn't even call to find out why I'm getting pissed off - cause those are things that friends should do, aren't they?

Later at night, I messaged him saying that I wont let his arrogant behaviour go this time (bacause he constantly does whatever the hell he wants and acts like its ok, and expects everyone to go out of their way for him...), and that I dont need a friend like him and that maybe we would talk in a few weeks time. I was hoping that he would understand that he should call up and find out whats wrong / apologize.
Then this morning, he turned the tables on me and basically told me everything i told him, just in reverse. And now he's not talking to me although its supposed to be the other way around!

So i guess I'm hoping to hear your thoughts on my situation, am I right waiting for him to come around?? or is it never going to happen??:(
Hon, I've been in a similar situation... I think the best thing to do is just let him go. It's hard, but better for everyone in the long run.
If he wants to sort things out, he'll come around and (hopefully) be the better person for it. If not, maybe he didn't value your friendship as much as you did, or as much as you thought he did.
Sometimes I really think friendships like that don't mean as much to guys as they do to us...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
jezzmo said:
I can only respond to what you've posted. Perhaps there's a different social "paradigm(?)" you guys live in, but this is how I see the situation.

OK. He's just finished work. Best friend has just called him up. Wants to just have a quiet night at the movies (as opposed to a wicked night out on the turps?). Sounds a lot of fun. He's driving her. He thinks, "I'll see what OUR other friends are doing. They might be bored. I can pick them up on the way."

C'mon how long does it take for her to do her hair? Let's hurry her up a little. *drives around corner*. Clearly she'll take it as a joke, because best friends trust each other. He then gets a call, "You can go without me *snooty*. I just want to be on my own anyway.". Guy thinks to himself, "why is this girl always bickering and anything BUT relaxed".

Guy sees his friend. Glad to see her. Trying to defuse the situation a bit with a calm and happy demeanour. Not quite understanding her melodramatic saga.

Guy gets message about being arrogant. Still a bit perplexed by the range of PMS like emotional extremes coming from this girl. She implies she doesn't want to be friends anymore..

Guy now loses cool and is generally annoyed at girl. What was supposed to be a calm and relaxing evening at the movies with friends turned out anything but.
BBBBBBBBBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA why are you such a genius?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)