French Studies/Anthropology/Cultural Studies (1 Viewer)

kay90

HSC
So I'm starting uni this year and I'm thinking of having Intro French Studies for sem 1 and 2.
I remember doing French in year 8 and loved it though I must admit I hardly remember what I learnt lol.
Just want to ask a question to those who are doing/who have done French Studies and what they think of it? Work load wise, and the teaching methods of lecturers?
Because I've heard of stories of language lecturers who can speak the native language but aren't very good at English? :s

So yeah, some thoughts would be nice :)

If not French then I'm thinking of doing Anthropology or Sociology for first year then changing to Cultural Studies in 2nd year. So if anyone has thoughts/opinions on Anthro, Socio, and C.Studies then please feel free to share!

Last edited:

spence

HSC
So I'm starting uni this year and I'm thinking of having Intro French Studies for sem 1 and 2.
I remember doing French in year 8 and loved it though I must admit I hardly remember what I learnt lol.
Just want to ask a question to those who are doing/who have done French Studies and what they think of it? Work load wise, and the teaching methods of lecturers?
Because I've heard of stories of language lecturers who can speak the native language but aren't very good at English? :s

So yeah, some thoughts would be nice :)

If not French then I'm thinking of doing Anthropology or Sociology for first year then changing to Cultural Studies in 2nd year. So if anyone has thoughts/opinions on Anthro, Socio, and C.Studies then please feel free to share!
All I've heard about Junior French it is that it's very fast paced, but I think all junior language units are like that (First year apparently gets you to the same level as an HSC extension course so there is a lot to cover)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)