• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

French Grammar Book (1 Viewer)

aimzlouise

HSC
hi

i'm currently doing year 12 french continuers by distance education and i was wandering what is a good french grammar book to buy?

thanks in advanced

Aimee

michellemma

Premium Member
HSC
Bonjour Aimee

I'm not sure how the text I use rates against others of similar content, but the one we use at school is "Grammaire Progressive Du Francais - Intermediaire" by Gregoire. I rather like it, but there may be some other good ones. You should go to Abbey's Bookshop in the city - they have an entire language floor and you can have a look at some different books available.

Salut

*Baby-K*

HSC
A MUST have book for French Grammar is Reprise- A complete review workbook for Grammar, Communication and Culture.

Kittikhun

HSC
I have not had any experience with any of those books recommended above but I use this book for French grammar reference-

Amazon.com: French Grammar: A Complete Reference Guide: Daniel Calvez: Books

I warn you though that you should know some key grammar technical terms as this book can be hard to understand.

Also, try getting yourself those 'Ultimate Guide to French Verb Review and Practice' or 'The Ultimate French Review and Practice'

Amazon.com: The Ultimate French Verb Review and Practice (The Ultimate Verb Review and Practice Series): David M Stillman, Ronni L Gordon: Books

Amazon.com: The Ultimate French Review and Practice: Mastering French Grammar for Confident Communication: David Stillman, Ronni Gordon: Books

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)