FRENCH FILM FESTIVAL, MEET-UP FRANCOPHONE!!! Calling all Frenchies!!! :) (1 Viewer)

Which film do you want to see? Choose ONE please!

• 10th District Court

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... And They Lived Happily Ever After

• Gilles' Wife

• The Giraffe's Neck

• I've Been Waiting For So Long

• Look At Me

• Me and My Sister

• Podium

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

malkin86

HSC

Ou habites tlm? Ou habites centralement de touts, et as un DVD player? Car j'ai un DVD francais de mon bibliotheque, et je crois que il est un tres bon film. Si nous "get our butts in gear", peut etre le weekend prochaine, ou le weekend apres ca?

Je vous invite a chez moi, dans le "Shire", pour un midi "showing" de "Les Enfants Du Paradis" - le 27th de feburary ou le 6 de mars. SVP dire moi ce que date vous preferez. SVP portez un sac de frites ou quelquechose de manger/ boirer. PM moi pour plus de details de chez moi.

EDIT: Chepas a un boulot dans samedis, donc les dates est le 27th feb ou le 6th mars.

Last edited by a moderator:

chepas

HSC
Yay my bit of mod handywork worked! *cheerin'* (I split the last message of the ancient former meet-up thread and closed it - now irrelevent - and made a new thread out of malkin's last message.) :rolleyes:

This is malkin's affair so I'll shut up as much as I can about it. Except for the fact that I'm not sure about Sundays. How do you, malkin, and others, feel about Saturday afternoon? If a group of us Sydneyites met at Central say, 1.15pm and took the train down together, we'd get to the Shire at most an hour later, perhaps 2.15 or so we'd meet malkin at the station?

(I say Saturday as I can probably wing it that I get the morning shift instead of the arvo)

What does everyone else feel like? Hip? Everyone? Let's make this one work!

malkin86

HSC
Merci beaucoup Chepas!! :D I feel so special. ;)

Saturday the 5th is bad for me - I have a work commitment in the city from 10 to 2, but the 26th, the 27th, or the 6th are good for me. I was thinking of a daytime showing because it makes it easier on everyone to get home after going to the Shire, and I know that not many live close to me, except, perhaps for Sugar, who we haven't seen for a while.

Please bring a baggie of chips or something else to share, and tell me soon when would be best for you - if you have any questions, post them here or PM me - I really want this to work.

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
The city as in, Sydney CBD?

Cos - I know it's not the movie/place you had planned, but there are still some French movies going to be on at Dendy Circular Quay/Newton? "Very Long Engagement", "Seducing Doctor Lewis"? Either that or push it a bit later to coincide with the French film Festival? Or does this mean - clash with uni aaaahh?

malkin86

HSC
As in Martin Place. And Mardi Gras is starting on the afternoon of the 5th, so I'd rather be out of the city as soon as I'm finished, because MG is rather scary, and dangerous for me.

chepas

HSC
Fair enough. Well - maybe we can meet you after work and go from there? For us it shan't be much of a hassle seeing as it's still Daylight Saving and we'd be in a group (a group hopefully!).

malkin86

HSC
Eh, why not. I might be a bit braindead after work, though.. It's a volunteer position where my brain is picked. The other consideration is that the film runs for 3 whole hours and 6 minutes, so we'd have to catch the 2:02 from Martin place (nonlikely) to get us to my house by quarter to 3, and then put the film on, and wave you off at 6 ish.. This would be why I'd prefer a middayish showing on another day - enough time to get here, watch the film, and get back again.

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
True true.

The reason I think Sat arvo - I work during the day now weekends :rolleyes:. I like working Sunday because time and a half hehe, greedy ole chepas.

ENOUGH ABOUT ME.

Where's everyone elses' support and thoughts?

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Sorry about not replying earlier! Saturdays are fine for me... so count me in for the event.

malkin86 said:
This would be why I'd prefer a middayish showing on another day - enough time to get here, watch the film, and get back again.
*nods*

I'm also keen to go to the French Film Fest. Pwetty pwease can we go? *pouts*

chepas

HSC
YAY HIP!

Finally.

Is the afternoon still OK for you malkin? And I'm thinking the 6th of March so far, not this weekend!

malkin86

HSC
Which day would you prefer, Hippy? Any, but moreso a saturday? So leaning towards not the 5th, but the 26th, to have a midday-afternoonish time? I don't know where you all have to come from to get to the Shire, or how late you'd get back, (esp. with the vagaries of CityRail), so...

For me, only the 5th is bad. Is any other day especially bad for anyone else?

chepas

HSC
26th is impossible for me. I'm working! Sundays also out for me, lest we want to have it later in the day. I don't have any qualms if it's mid-late afternoon, as that is what I 'm looking at anyway (mid arvo that is)

Re: Cityrail. I've taken to allowing 1/2 hour delays everywhere I go, so if we count on them not being able to be counted on we should be right.

chepas

HSC
If it's the 6th I can't! I'm sorry!!! :( Sundays are taboo for me.

malkin86

HSC
hmm, problem we have. so then the 5th, after my 'work'? the 5th of March, the 5th of March.. going once...

chepas

HSC
Sorry I jusdt realised in an earlier post that I had typed the '6th', meaning the Saturday, and not the 5th. I can't count I apologise sincerely.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
LOL! The only day I can't make it is the first Saturday in March.... I don't have a calendar on me but it's around the 6th.

Any other time is fabulous.

chepas

HSC
OK!!!

A later date perhaps then? As in, way into the future?

Perhaps we can do a double thing - go to the French Film Fest Sat arvo and in the early evening watch Les enfants du paradis at malkin's place? Sort of a big day, combined thing? That would be the Saturday after the 10th of March. (The 12th)

On the twelfth the following are playing at Norton St

1,30pm: French Cuts - Short Films
4.15pm: And They Lived Happily Ever After
6.30pm: Gilles' Wife
8.45pm: 10th District Court.

???

Movie for two hours, an hour and a bit to chez malkin, maybe making it an evening viewing of Les enfants?

malkin86

HSC
The first Saturday in March is the 5th.. :(

I'll renew the disc at the library, and re-ask my parents...

chepas

HSC
Are you OK with a night time event, as in crashing your house then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)