french ext (1 Viewer)

Lolliana

is anyone else just crapping all over themselves (sorry for the visual) whenever they think about the speaking exam?
does anyone have any tips
i sure need some
i had my in school ass today, it was so awful it was actually quite funny
one of the questions was about poverty, i started a sentence and then realised i forgot the word for begger, so i spent a confusing 30 secs back tracking and saying stuff, like "le gens qui vivre dans, dans um er qui habite dans la rue et ah, et err qui demandent a les gens qui um qui traversent dans la rue pour l'argent...um yeah"

kini mini

HSC
Extension isn't interactive, it's basically a prepared speech - get your general points on poverty etc ready and spit them out inthe most appropriate order once you're inthe room :).

Lolliana

thanks kini, actually i got to do my french ass again, cos apparently i didnt press the right button on the tape recoder (totally by accident, just lucky) so i got to do it again, of course as you might expect it was easier second time around!

and of course, i remebered 'mondiants'

sdpy

the big prob for me with extension french speaking was always the scary factor of that bloody tape recorder! i always prefer to speak to a "real live" person, and the 3u spking is such a different skill, it's really like a mini-speech.

So how was it?

Lolliana

twas okay i suppose
yeah the tape recorder is quite off putting and having someone sit right opposite me was a new thing, my teacher makes herself scarce in the corner

i think it would be heaps easier if it was a speach and you were up in front of a panel

i did questions 2 and 3
how bout you?
btw u planning on continuing your french studies after school?

Pogmahaugn

i did questions 2 and 3 - found it quite easy really, nice simple subjects

the marker was annoying though, kept on signaling to me to stop reading my notes - which was only a plan anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)