French Conversation? (1 Viewer)

michellemma

Premium Member
HSC
Bonjour!

Having recently returned from a six-week exchange to France, I'm pretty excited to be speaking the language. With speaking exams looming I really don't want to lose the skills I picked up overseas. Does anybody know of a good french conversation class or a native speaker who would be able to help with some speaking practice? Or is anyone else wanting to get some conversation practice?

- Michelle

bleu

HSC
hey,

I kinda have the same problem as you. I've done hsc french beginners (but i'm also going to do french continuers) and i've just come back from a 4 week exchange in France - was totally awesome.
Anyway, now i really feel like conversing in french all the time and don't want to lose any progress i made with my french. Fortuantely i do know a native french family and can talk with them sometimes.
But yh, you could get in touch with your nearest Alliance Francaise network - they put on french classes and organise get- togethers sometimes with native and non -native speakers and conversation thingos. Look up their website.

I live in Newcastle. It'd be cool to get some conversation practice with someone but i guess u probs live in Sydney.
But still we could like converse in french via email to get some practice maybe? Talk about our experiences in france (in french).....i guess u went to school there - its different eh?

Anyway, good luck with ur french! :)

michellemma

Premium Member
HSC
hey,

I kinda have the same problem as you. I've done hsc french beginners (but i'm also going to do french continuers) and i've just come back from a 4 week exchange in France - was totally awesome.
Anyway, now i really feel like conversing in french all the time and don't want to lose any progress i made with my french. Fortuantely i do know a native french family and can talk with them sometimes.
But yh, you could get in touch with your nearest Alliance Francaise network - they put on french classes and organise get- togethers sometimes with native and non -native speakers and conversation thingos. Look up their website.

I live in Newcastle. It'd be cool to get some conversation practice with someone but i guess u probs live in Sydney.
But still we could like converse in french via email to get some practice maybe? Talk about our experiences in france (in french).....i guess u went to school there - its different eh?

Anyway, good luck with ur french! :)
Thank you for your reply. You seem to be exactly like me. I felt like I made so much progress on exchange after speaking it all the time. Now I feel so confident in french, but not having enough practice will surely have me lose at least a little of what I learnt. My french class at school goes too slowly for me now and I just want to hear the fast-speaking francophones again. I really miss conversing in the language.

The whole exchange experience is so difficult for people who haven't gone on it to understand. I love talking to people who have done the same thing! Sadly I do live in Sydney, but sure, emailing would be awesome.

And yes, I had a look into the AF but I have a feeling school may clash a little with the classes time-wise. Does anybody have any other recommendations not in the city area?

hannahcheeseman

HSC
hey,
yea i know of a conversation group at my local library, on the northern beaches?
but im sure if you investigated most libraries would have something similar, or perhaps a community center

Becci_500

HSC
hey i live on the northen beaches and im in french continuers and was wondering where abouts this was or if u have a website or sumthing if u could please send it it wud be very helpful:)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
i reckon italian was easier to speak than french.
because 'the terrible children' in french sounds like 'lees enfant terribes'

but then i can trick people in eating escargots

hecheeseman

HSC
the northern beaches speaking group is t Pittwater library so maybe check their website but its on a thursday arvo from 4.30-6. Its mostly older people but its good cause you get a lot better at the spontaneous stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)