french continuers inquiery (1 Viewer)

sal448

sally
HSC
i have just started french continuers which i know is a difficult course!..so i was wondering if any other french or ext would lyk to talk 2 me?..my french isnt as advanced as some people at my skool but i did qualify for the course which i amhappy about. i hasve been studtying french for three years now..and i am looking forward to go to france wen i finish my HSC next yr.
merci
salut

chepas

HSC
Salut sal :D

C'est bien que tu trouves le forum maintenant! Le HSC pour toi se passe en 2006 donc... hehe. Je te souhaite un 'welcome' chalheureux.

Don't worry about the French not being as 'advanced' as it is in your school - 'advanced' is in the eye of the beholder. And it certainly shouldn't have been a matter of 'qualifying' for French Cont! Should've just gone straight from year 10 to then hehe.

Bon, s'il te plait, tu peux bien parler dans le thread qui s'appelle "Parlons-nous le français ici" (sic). Je veux bien lire de tes projets de voyage en France après l'école! Parle-nous de tout :D.

Et si tu veux rencontrer quelques personnes du forum, il y aura la chance de faire ça, bien sûr.

Bonne chance avec tes études de français et du bac.
chepas :D.

malkin86

HSC
Hey Sal, It's great to meet another francophone - there are so few of us who study it (only 800 and something last year) :) Have you been on a french trip at all? Please don't worry about how "advanced" you are or not, cos...
If you keep on working at it, you'll get better. Even just joining this forum and writing to us in french, and asking for help when you get stuck on "se que" [sic] etc. will help. :D

sal448

sally
HSC
listening

bonjour.
ca va?...i would love to talk to people in french...lol wat i ment by qualifiying was ive done too many years to do beginners!! lol...altho i deffidently be good at it :eek:.. so far french has been easy ...but i learn something new everyday..which i love!! :eek: ...
merci
sal
q'est que ca va dire?...confiture??
j'ai mon teste premiere c'est ecoute!!....je trouve ecoute defficle...la casette tres defficle comprehend....
does listening take lots of practice?

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Salut!

Je suis en terminale cette annee, et j'etude le francais depuis environ 5 ans...et je trouve l'orale et les examens d'écoute tres dificile :eek:

Si tu veux, je vais parler avec toi en francais :)

malkin86

HSC
Yeah, listening takes heaps of practice...

My opinion on listening is: Don't listen to your classmates speaking (unless they're good)!

Le Journal is on SBS weekday mornings at 9:20 - don't worry if you watch it and think you have to talk like that, or be able to listen to people talking like that - Continuers listening is much easier than LJ, so if you can understand 1/2 of what it's saying, then you're going heaps good. :)

Get a pack of blank cassette tapes and ask your teacher to dub listening parts of past exams on to the cassettes - then if you've got a technophile in your house, you can get them to dub the cassettes onto audio CD and keep on listening to them!

Also, French films, and the tapage and watchage of, are now light homework. :)

sal448

sally
HSC
no mean to b rude....but how do you know who i am?....vous dan mon classe francasie l'ecole?
wb
sal
p.s merci, pour les conseils
vous avez ete tres serviable!!
combien temp vouz apprendrez francasie depuis?
wb

chepas

HSC
Hey sal,

We've said that we know who you are? :p... We know you're, sal! Hehe..

Tu nous as demandé ce que c'est, la confiture - jam, qu'on mange avec du pain. :D

Tu connais déja` tes resultats du test d'écoute?

Listening. Practice certainly helps! You can look in the "Listening: Some Links that can Help" thread (marked "Important") and there are quite a few to which you can listen.

Si tu pose ta question a` tout le monde, moi j'étudie le français depuis Year 9, et j'entre a` l'université cette année, donc, 2001, 2, 3, 4, et on est en 2005 - 5 ans maintenant!

(Permets-moi de te donner n petit conseil alors. In questions, all the words that form part of the question-word part of a question usually go together. So, when you say

'Combien (de) temps vous apprenez le français depuis?',

it is pretty much a word-for-word translation of how we'd say it in English (How long (have you been) learning French for?). It should be

Depuis quand....

Also, if there is no 'est-ce que' in the question, we have to reverse the subject and verb, to make it 'apprenez-vous'.

Finally, we'd use better 'étudier' in this case, so

Depuis quand étudiez-vous le français

is what we need.)

Bonne chance avec tes études! Tu as déja` une bonne connaissance de français, sal. Il faut juste un peu du temps pour le développer :).

Amitiés,
chepas.

Last edited:

sal448

sally
HSC
thankyou!!
i told you i was bad!! lol......should i have known how to do that already?
did what i say make sense??.....
im guessing not!! lol
merci
sal

chepas

HSC
You're not bad sal! For just coming into Year 11 that's pretty damn good lol...

I won't do too many corrections because they will be covered over the course of the French Continuers classes etc, but if there's something that could/should be ironed out straight away... You're going great guns already.

Stay enthusiastic ;)
chepas.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
salut chepas, doing my french today and currently on a page whch involves proposing and accepting offers to dance. The most blatant refusal is:

"Fiche-moi la paix, sinon j'appelle les gorilles!"

What is she saying? I'm guessing it's something along the lines of "Leave me alone, otherwise I will call the bouncers!"

Are gorilles, bouncers?

malkin86

HSC
leetom: That sounds about right, although I'm not sure what Ficher is. Sometimes in phrasebooks and modernish dictionaries, you can find absolute gems.

Sal, j'ai etudie le francais depuis peut-etre 8 ans, et aussi quand j'etais petite (mais j'oublie tout de mon francais de cet temps, bien sur, mais seulement "chenille" - "caterpillar") mais je ne suis pas forte comme chepas, car je n'etudie pas l'extension. Mais, j'adore le francais - il est une langue belle, je crois. J'espere toujours d'etre serviceable, et je suis heureuse que je t'ai aide. :)

chepas

HSC
Hey leetom, long time no see!

The phrase you mention I think is covered in the Lesson on Ficher/Foutre. Actually, it's not... but "ficher la paix a` quelqu'un" is an expression that is slightly higher than rude - and les gorilles are in fact bouncers too. A shade lower than 'f off' I imagine...

sal448

sally
HSC
i think its great how enthusiastic everyone is!!....i just go my interb report back and went really well:p....betta than the e'tuidant francais dan ma classe!!
;)..non, chepas je ne connais pas ma resultats du test d'ecoute....je n'ai pas faite ca...lol..sorry dont kno the word for done!!..... je connais 'confiture est 'jam' en anglais..mais mon e'tudant francasi ecrite ca sur son livre!!.....je pense son groupe!...
salut
sal :p

p.s are there many french teenagers studing the HSC in australia??
:cool:

malkin86

HSC
Hippy La-Laa said:
Only us cool people. :cool:

Nah. :D There are quite a few of us, mostly female though.
'Course, that makes "les sexe gars qui etudies le francais" even hotter. ;)
Before my speaking exam, cos I was doing it at a different time to my classmates, I just sat next to one of these gars, and started chatting him up, in french of course. (This was pre-boyfriend) Took away my nerves, and his. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)