French Cont Speaking HSC: The Aftermath (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
So I am really uncertain and disappointed to a certain extent about how I fared yesterday. I had a few questions that really threw my off, and I know already I made a few grammatical mistakes. In my school speaking assessments, I had always been getting 18/20 by not studying. And now I studied for this one, and I choked...-_-

Based on how i think I went in the HSC exam vs trial exam, I would estimate my mark for the HSC to be about 15-16ish. My question is: is it possible to still achieve 95 for my HSC Mark???

hayabusaboston

HSC
You can get 95 if the average of your exam mark and assessment mark is greater than or equal to 95. If you're ranked first then However you went in exam is likely the final HSC mark you get.

Meshy590

HSC
yes, I know that. I wanted to know whether, even after getting approx 15-16, it is possible to get high Band 6. Ie, what raw marks correlate to high band 6??

esu_chan

HSC
omg

I completely failed too.

I've usually been getting 13-14, and yeah. Yesterday, even though I was a little tired, I still felt really prepared and studied my butt off all morning. However, as soon as my number was called, my heart almost stopped, and I started freaking out. It didn't help that the teacher was asking my questions I hadn't prepared for, and because I was so nervous, I completely blanked on all of my vocab. I even was about to say something I shouldn't have - when the examiner asked me what my least favourite subject at school was, I almost said "Visual Arts, because I hate my art teacher", and halfway through saying it I ended up stopping myself and said a jumble of words that was supposed to mean "I find studying artworks boring". Another thing that didn't help was that it took me literally two minutes to realise that I was mixing up the meaning of "avant" and "apres"...

oh dear god

At least I'm not aiming for a high atar. STILL PANICKING THOUGH. >3<`

(sorry for the rant btw)

Meshy590

HSC
yeh, I got a few weird questions: Tu as ton permis de conduire?? (that was my first question). And when I made it evident that I had nothing much to say about that, they followed up with a question regarding the same thing.. That question kinda just made me stressed and nervous for the rest of the 10 mins....

After the exam, you just think of all the things you could have said...SO ANNOYING. Atar Goal 99+ for me.....:|

dw bout the rant, best to get it all out.,..stupid French

cerebellum

HSC
Same, I get around 18-19 out of 20 at school too.
But I was so nervous on the day, I stumbled a lot. But I managed to get some subjunctives in..:)
Did you get really basic questions too? I tried to steer the conversation away to something more 'sophisticated', like talking about my future aspirations or something like "Quels sont les problèmes sociaux qu'on rencontre en Australie?".
But all I got were questions on school and why I chose French.
Really disappointed with how I went :(

Ah well, at least it's over! :DD
Chin up, I'm sure you can still get a band six!!

Meshy590

HSC
I think I got in only one subjunctive. My questions were ok, yeh some of my questions were quite basic, but others were ok. But I think I just stressed a bit too much. Yeh, hopefully still can get band 6, gonna ace the written paper!!

Do you do extension??

Meshy590

HSC
haha
i actually haven't read the book, i just read each extract...it worked for trials, hopefully it will work for HSC as well!!
HSC monologue will be hard...

Maddi295

HSC
Haha. My speaking was ok I guess. There were a few little questions that I stumbled a bit on though...
As for extension, I am panicking about the monologue. For my practice ones, I can barely make two minutes! And they don't even make sense!
My ATAR aim is 96 though, I want to study Law/Psychology at ANU. :)

Meshy590

HSC
still got time...24 days :////

Did my trial French Ext last week, I hope I did well in that monologue haha. Something that my teacher told me for the monologue if you cant speak for the three mins: Have two-three main 'ideas'

E.g if the question is 'Belonging to a group is the most important thing during one's adolescence', firstly talk about why/why not this is the case, then talk about what are the other important things, then talk about effects or consequences of that.

In a nutshell: Don't just stick to what the question says, as you can pretty much say whatever you want as long as it has some relevance...That's just what my teacher said anyway... :)

cerebellum

HSC
Well yeah, it should be relevant to the question. :)

Intro
BP1 = causes of the problem, types of the problem, give examples
BP 2 = negative/positive consequences, give statistics (e.g. Selon une étude récente...)
BP 3 = solutions to the problem
Conclusion

OR

Intro
BP1 = social impact
BP 2 = impact on environment
BP 3 = impact on economy
Conclusion

Meshy590

HSC
I wish I was as well!!
Because you write/speak quite well!

Have u got ext french trial results?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)