French 2004 Top of State (1 Viewer)

k_i_mm_i

HSC
hey 2004 Frenchies,

Anyone from here got top of state in either French beiginners/continuers/extension/background speakers this year? :D :D :D

good luck with results! :uhhuh: :eek:

iwanttodowellin

marchetta said:
The top achievers find out earlier...like a week before the results.
That is true....I know this because I know the person who topped the state in German continuers and German extension (yes she's a smart one!) and she found out on Monday this week....so hopefully the BOS have been desperately tryin 2 call me with no luck....otherwise there's just no luck that I topped French continuers or extension in the state :(

by the way, do they call you up only if you topped the state? What i mean to ask is, do you find out as well if you placed top 5, or top 10 (whatever the number is of top place-getters) before the results come out???

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
i think that the only thing they tell you beforehand is whether you got no. 1. Other stuff (eg. top 5%, 10%) probably comes afterwards. But i have no idea, that's just a guess...

re: top in the state, do the BOS only call you? Do they send a letter as well?

congrats to whoever did come first, the exam was quite challenging

k_i_mm_i

HSC
I found out who got French
This girl topped French and French extension too...and drama as well!!
she's from Moriah College.
I guess she spent more time studying than posting on this site...ahahaha

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
UH. french and french extension (damnit, if i studied hard enough and lots my social life and lived in my room for a month THAT COULD HAVE BEEN ME!) and drama 2. but i don't do drama so meh lol.

well done to her! :)

chepas

HSC
Moi non plus!

J'ai pas eu la chande d'être accepté pour "Encore" non plus :(

What's the girl's name, from Moriah? I might know her. There was a really brainy French student from there from OHS and I'm like. Wow... I'm trying to dig in the archives for a name... Blonde? Glasses?

beccabum

hung up
in the outer suburbs of the middle of nowhere
HSC
Kazuya said:
yeah 97 would probably be in the top lists
well dammit i wasn't in the smh for the being placed whatever in French Beg., only the top six were shown
:vcross: (spitting chips) :mad:
would've been a nice one to show the grandkids

at my school in my french class we all did really well - 3 band 6s, 3 band 5s. the lowest was 80, which isn't bad at all.

full credit and congrats to all the ppl in all the subjects who did well. if you guys are happy with whatever you got, i'm happy for ya!

Kazuya

keio 最高
HSC
That's really good. I got 91 for continuers. I wanna know my raw marks, but can't be bothered to fill out that freedom of information form.

I hope everyone got the UAI they wanted! I got 95.40, higher than expected

chepas

HSC
OMG Kaz I got 95.40 as well!!! The same as my cousin when he got his TER of 95.4!!

Freaky

I got 96 for Continuers and 44 for Extension. Came 5th in the state for German Beg. :D

I wanna do the raw marks thing to. $30 processing fee for the FOI requests :mad:. But I still want to :D.

Félicitations tlm! C'est super.

What's next for us all then :D?

And a, ce n'est jamais triste, parce que ce n'est jamais fini!

omg_a

HSC
felicitations tlm!!

chepas, excellent mark to get, 96, don't you think? ha ha, i beat all you silly m+j people in ext. you should have done au revoir....

j'etais tres heureuse avec ma UAI, i got 98.9, so i'm definitely in arts/law @anu next year. are you still thinking of anu chepas??

ooooooooohhhhhhhhh grandes nouvelles!! j'ai achete un grand grand dico francais pour l'annee prochain aujourdhui!! il a 2400 feuilles! tres lourd.

so, you're right chepas, french isn't finished for me....many years to go!!! oh, and congrats for allemand.

what's everyone doing next year??

chepas

HSC
98.9! Excellent! Congrats on Arts/Law!

I don't think I'm thinking of ANU anymore, as my UAI (hopefully) assures me a place in Arts at USyd, which was my overall preferred choice (ANU is still my third pref, after UNSW, but I like ANU's Arts programme better.). In 3rd year the French Studies course has a class on Québec! Québec!!!! That sold me. Now, I just hope that it will actually RUN in a few years time! (In case it's obvious, I have an obsession with all things québécois).

I am deliriously happy with my marks. and when I tell people what I got and say "Yay, I get to do my BA at USyd now." they sort of recoil in horror at the mentionned fact that I 'all' I want to do is a BA. Nothing else interests me! Stupid uni stereotypes! :p

Re: M+J vs. Au revoir, in terms of marks. Actually that seems like a very interesting analysis to do. If the people that studied Au revoir got higher marks than M+Jers or vice versa. I'd like to see that...

Le dico que tu as acheté c'est un Collins-Robert? Ils sont les meilleurs. A Sydney il y a toujours des magasins qui les vendent en soldes, les grands dicos franco-anglais, parce que tout le monde veut un dico franco-anglais! C'est bien, le français comme langue préféfée :D.

A Moss Vale il y a des films récents (français bien sûr)? Il y a deux nouveaux - 'Après vous' et 'Un long dimanche de fiançailles (A Very Long Engagement)'. Look out...

Again, well done everyone here!

k_i_mm_i

HSC
haha i forgot to read this thread! so i was just wondering where tlm had posted all of the results!!!

i got 95 for cont and 47/50 for extension...well could have done better in cont but totally unbelievable for ext, i was gonna drop it a few weeks before the HSC cos i thought i was doing so poorly!
uai was 99.15

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)