Free Seminar for Medicine/Dentistry Interview + Interview Tutoring (1 Viewer)

Medman

HSC
You have so far got a great predicted ATAR and UMAT score however, this is no guarantee you will get into medicine. I personally know of students with 99.90 ATAR and 99% UMAT who have been offered medicine. There is a final hurdle of the INTERVIEW.

Interviews can count from 33-100% of your admission criteria but is often not taken seriously by students. This is a HUGE component and should not be underestimated. You DO NOT want to fail just because you didn't prepare for your interview.

My name is Dr. Jason (B.Sci, MBBS USYD) with a special interest in preparing students for medical and dentistry school interviews. I have been tutoring students for over 8 years now and still continue to do so because this is my passion and I love helping students.

So far I have helped over 40 STUDENTS with approximately 80% SUCCESS RATE (compared to a statistical 25%) gain obtain admission into medicine and dentistry into various universities across Australia including UNSW, USYD, UWS, UNDS, UNDF, UADEL, JCU, BOND and MONASH.

My experience mainly comes from speaking directly with past or present interviewers who have sat on the board of interviewers. In addition some interviewers also sit on the board selecting doctors for specialty training programs. I keep up to date in this field by doing my own research and constantly improving myself to provide the best advice and preparation to my students.

What I offer for the interview training program?

- 1-1 and small group tutoring
- Interview training for any university offering medicine or dentistry.
- General approaches to the interview; dressing, grooming, etiquette and the entrance which may make or break your interview. (Interviewers have failed students in the past with regards to this)
- Analysis and breaking down questions to a structure which can be applied to similar questions
- Tweaking student answers in language and delivery to maximise your chances of obtaining entry
- Comprehensive list of qualities interviewers are looking for
- Mentoring and guidance via phone or email anytime
- Follow up mock interview with prediction of your chances
- A booklet containing recent and past interview questions from selected universities
- I provide honest feedback and will not recommend more lessons unless students need them
- I may provide additional free advice depending on my schedule!

Availabilities
Will not be available from 7th December 2014 until 8th January 2015. Skype sessions may be conducted but this is not a guarantee.

I am also hosting a free seminar early November so keep an eye out!

Successful Applicants so far
UNSW 10
UWS 13
USYD 2
UNDS 2
UNDF 1
UADEL 5
MONASH 2
JCU 5
BOND 2

Last edited:

Medman

HSC
Testamonials

KD
I did my interview preparation with Jason Yu, of Next Academy. It was extremely beneficial as I learned the proper etiquettes and techniques of interviews, not only for medical schools but for all my future interviews. Jason has great resources and really focuses on the minor details that help to perfect your individual techniques. He provides great on the spot, honest feedback and I really loved the fact that he was prepared to talk to me whenever I needed help. It is a very personalised session so he plans the lessons to tailor to the students’ needs. He has had a lot of experience over the years and is extremely familiar with all major university interview structures. When I went to do my interview I was very confident due to Jason’s guidance. I really enjoyed my lessons with him and would like to thank him because without his help I would not have made it into the MBBS program at James Cook University.

SN
Jason helped me prepare for my medical interviews at UNSW, UWS, Newcastle and Adelaide University. The lessons he provided me were extremely useful and focused on tackling interview questions on the day and helped boost my confidence. Also, Jason was always open to answering any questions I might have had through phone or email. Without his invaluable help, I would not been able to receive a medicine offer at UNSW and UAdel. I recommend this service to anyone who wishes to enter the highly competitive medical courses.

Maurice
Jason was a tremendous help in my medical interviews, providing detailed interview etiquettes, structured information to approaching interviews, insightful advice for preparing for interview questions and extra sessions to ensure that I had been practicing correctly and improving. He went out of his way to help answer my questions outside of arranged lessons and was extremely friendly and open in assisting me. Jason, without a doubt, played a huge role in my medical endeavour and I would definitely recommend anyone to seek Jason for assistance in medical interviews

Angela
Jason is a very experienced and professional tutor for medical interviews. I've only had a few days' notice prior to my interview and had no idea about the entire process. However, after only one session with Jason, I successfully completed my interview. He kept asking questions that provoked me to think and provide his professional advice to increase the quality of my answers. From his teaching, I learnt to think from another perspective, which helped me a lot during the interview. I highly recommend Jason as a tutor for medical interview.

Jessica
Thank you Jason for all your support and help you offered me in preparation for my interview! You encouraged me to work hard and to the best of my abilities. You're an amazing tutor, I felt really comfortable approaching you with my questions and I am so grateful that you would always take extra time to help clarify things if I needed. I really appreciate your honesty and feedback about the expectations of the interview and what I needed to do to excel. You provided me with all the resources, information and emotional support I needed to be prepared , ready and successful in the interview.
Thank you so much again!
It will be forever appreciated!

Last edited:

IR

HSC
Jason is extremely experienced and is very helpful. Although I haven't been tutored as of yet by him, but he has provided a lot of guidance throughout for Med. Absolutely recommended.

Medman

HSC
Will not be available from 7th December 2014 until 8th January 2015. I work on a first come first served basis. Skype sessions may be conducted but this is not a guarantee.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
For the free seminar can 2015'ers come if they're looking to do med too? :)

Fiction

HSC
An awesome + comprehensive seminar by Medman today~ It was immediately engaging, and forced attendees to think outside your typical map/road to arrive at the long-waited gathering of fellow med-nerds<3

I kidd

All and all, thank you medman for a fun + informative session. Would defs recommend if Medman ever considers holding them again :D

Medman

HSC
I'm almost fully booked out. Last call for final students, 2 slots left.

Medman

HSC
Congratulations to my 2014 students! 82% of students received at least one offer for medicine or dentistry. Hope this will be the beginning of a fulfilling and wonderful life choice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)