Free Period Time (1 Viewer)

Guernica

HSC
We're not supposed to drive cars during frees. That's like our only restriction. And cars aren't really needed as we're right in town... unless you want to go elsewhere.
*edit*: I swear, you're like jinxed with this whole "reply above original" thing... it happens to like every single one of your posts!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Guernica said:
We're allowed to do whatever whenever. If we are not in a class, we do not have to be in school..
really? lucky!! we have to be at school the whole day, regardless of frees. unless its a monday or wednesday in which case u can go home during the double free that everyone gets. but other than that, if u have a free u stay @ school. even if its first or last period.

P

pLuvia

Guernica said:
We're not supposed to drive cars during frees. That's like our only restriction. And cars aren't really needed as we're right in town... unless you want to go elsewhere.
*edit*: I swear, you're like jinxed with this whole "reply above original" thing... it happens to like every single one of your posts!
yeh haha. We're not allowed out of school grounds during frees unless we sign out

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I was told a few days ago that they would soon be allowing us to go to school late or leave early if we had a free first or last period, that's the tradition at our school. If we started well in yr 12, they would be more flexible with us.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Frees deadset suck. had 4 frees yesterday and 3 frees today. They suck cock. You CAN NOT study during frees and theres only so much homework and newspaper reading you can do. Plus with 35 degree temps, you gotta stay inside. But lessons suck more. Frees suck. But I'm not taking them for granted. I CAN get homework out of the way.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
You don't seem that satisified with all these frees :D Maybe you should reconsider 10 units? XD just kidding :p

P

pLuvia

haha, yeh I find study periods useless although I think I only have like 2 or 3 a week

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I reckon doing 12 units is balanced, i get 1 free period per day on average and that's just enough to have a little free time to do stuff like get some of that 4u maths hw done or maybe do a diabolical sudoku from the herald or actually read the herald. :cool:

P

pLuvia

By the way Riviet where are you up to in 4u now? I just learnt DeMoivre's thereom and binomial expansion as an application to it

But my school just learnt multiplication and division

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well we were just starting on locus problems last lesson, gonna do some more coming lesson. We haven't done de moivre's or nth roots of complex numbers yet, after that, we should be pretty much finished with complex numbers lol.

P

pLuvia

Dammit man, you guys are fast lol

DeMoivre's theorem is easy

it's just

(cos@ + isin@)n = (cos n@ + isin n@)n

Riviet

HSC
N/A
We're not that fast, we just started on time :D ie tuesday of week 1 this term :p
I still haven't figured out those 2 problems you posted before, were they from the textbook or from your tutor?

P

pLuvia

Which ones?

Some are from tutor and some are from school Cambridge, oh yeh Cambridge I don't like because, it has TOO much writing and the answers don't even have the Q number, there's like commas instead so freaking gay

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Um, the two you posted in the 4u thread XD, the "1+cos@+isin@" one and the other "find a and b" one. Alhtough i'm gonna have a look at them tonight again.

P

pLuvia

oh them, their tutor :) the first one requires you to know compound angles (trig) and the other one I'm not sure of yet haha

Seems like not many schools have learnt compound, half angle formulae?

Have you?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
DeMoivre's theorem is easy

it's just

(cos@ + isin@)n = (cos n@ + isin n@)n
We learnt it as:

(r cis @)n = rn cis n@

But it looks to be the same thing in the end. :D

Anyways, my school's redoing our entire timetable structure for next year. Each subject gets ten 45 minute periods per fortnight, up from 8 for most elective subjects, so hopefully I'll get some more frees. 4 unit Maths swallowed most of my previous ones up...

I_F

P

pLuvia

lol, complex numbers :D:D DeMoivre's theorem

Yeh insert-username we learnt that as well :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Haha, i figured out the first one pretty easily without double angle formulae, maybe i'll post it up on the 4u forum if you haven't done it yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)