freaking out, fantastic essays (1 Viewer)

connie94

HSC
Okay, so i'm looking at the BOS exam work book with the top scoring student answers,
and i'm just baffled and overwhelmed, as not only do they manage to write 12 and a half pages (well the one i'm reading anyways) but there is barely any crossing out, arrows, added in bits or anything!

I'm wondering if they take their time to write and think about their writing, thus barely any mistakes or crossing out and rephrasing, but have a really fast hand?
or is this that they have memorised paragraphs and they are fine at adjusting it with ease?

Is this achievable with practice really? do you do this? are good at writing like this?

Ahh!

p3rf3ction

HSC
i feel your pain..thats the reason people like us WONT be getting a Band 6.

deswa1

HSC
Remember that the exam booklet is pretty small- i.e. it doesn't fit that many words to a page. And yeah, if you know what you are talking about and have a clear vision in your head where the essay is going, often you won't need to add/subtract much at all

Demise

HSC
To get a band 6 you can write with crossing out and you can even write only 6 pages. Clearly you have to plan prior to writing an essay, otherwise if you forget something you're going to be pretty pissed off at the end of the exam.

connie94

HSC
To get a band 6 you can write with crossing out and you can even write only 6 pages. Clearly you have to plan prior to writing an essay, otherwise if you forget something you're going to be pretty pissed off at the end of the exam.
yea, i don't mean you miss a big chunk, just your expressions, linking back the question, turn of phrases... etc, i'm just wondering if that is coming for pure skill, or practice, or memorisation, or all three!

connie94

HSC
What kind of spacing? Big letters?
she (i'm guessing, aha) has quite big writing, not really tiny/scrawny.. and average spacing? her words/cursive is quite spaced out actually..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)