Fractured my finger, any tips on coping? (1 Viewer)

Laughable

HSC
I fractured and dislocated my finger on my PIP joint (I'm sure P.E. students know what the proximal phalanx is) and apparently it was a pretty bad break so I had surgery.

I lost all motivation after I couldn't write but now I'm trying to do my best. Half yearlies are on when I come back and it's going to be so much harder studying (I prefer writing over typing when I study) and right now, I am so behind in Visual Arts and I don't think my teacher has enough sympathy to give me an extension for the assignment because it's due in 2 days and I've only started a week ago (4 artworks and I haven't even finished one) but we received the assignment like, 6-7 weeks ago.

I just got banned from borrowing any V.A. equipment "forever" so I have decided to quit the assignment altogether, I'm so weak lol. x_x Anybody have any tips on how to make it easier to work through the workload and such?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Talk to your teacher. If not talk to the head teacher, I am sure you can arrange something. Teachers have more sympathy than you think.

Also,

"It's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you get back up."

Lastly, do your assignment.

Laughable

HSC
She IS the head teacher but she told me off about being lazy and unproductive when she found out I didn't do anything for my theory work and practical...

I need the tablet from school to use it but I'm banned lol...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Still talk to her, do as much as you can on the assignment, even if it's a little, but take it easy.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
As SpiralFlex said, don't just give up on the assignment that'll only make things work. At least try to do it, and find a way to sort out the equipment problem by talking to the deputy or someone.

Laughable

HSC
Okay I'll just do whatever I can in the next 24 hours (which won't be much). :/
I can't because all the V.A. teachers have decided that I should be banned. Just because of one day that I forgot to hand in the tablet in the morning...

I've talked to my year adviser about it and she said she'll sort it out but nothing is happening as of yet.

I feel very unmotivated.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Okay I'll just do whatever I can in the next 24 hours (which won't be much). :/
I can't because all the V.A. teachers have decided that I should be banned. Just because of one day that I forgot to hand in the tablet in the morning...

I've talked to my year adviser about it and she said she'll sort it out but nothing is happening as of yet.

I feel very unmotivated.
Uh oh, that calls for ET to come and give you a talk.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fsm-QbN9r8&feature=related

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftN1xPXFDzI&feature=relmfu

Thanks to TheGreatest1111.

Laughable

HSC
Believe me I've watched it, not very helpful at this moment in time.

I just found out that I'm not allowed an extension because before I fractured my finger I was still "lazy"... I don't remember being lazy, I did all my work as far as I could remember. Great.

RANK 1

HSC
fuck doing the work then, just make sure you know what you're suppose to and you'll be fine, prelim doesnt matter so whether you do the assignment or not it doesnt make a difference other than the fact that you wont know how good you are

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Your teacher is a troll.
Demand an extension, you deserve it.

Laughable

HSC
That's what I was planning on doing but I ended up giving in 3 artworks (pretty crap though).

I know I should "suck it up" and not use my finger as an excuse but it does affect how productive I can be.
I know it's "only" preliminary but I want to do my best starting now, not in year 12. It gives me a good idea of where I'm at and stuff.

Believe me I've tried getting an extension, my request ended up being declined so ya.
AT LEAST SCHOOL IS OVER, FOR NOW...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)