Foundation (1 Viewer)

HSC
Unless your skin is problematic, i think tinted moisturiser is a better way to even out your complexion.

I don't wear foundation unless i know i'm going to be photo overkill. (i.e. formals, weddings, birthdays etc)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i dont wear foundation except for special occasions, and then i wear Lancome photogenic sheer coverage. works a dream, imo the best foundation ever created.

i agree with my sharona about tinted moisturiser, its really good esp for summer to give a bit of extra colour. i use ponds tinted moisturiser in honey.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Max Factor Colour Adapt...best shizzle ever, my friend stole it the other night coz she ran out of her $50 one and was like 'ohhhhh my god, this is soooooooo good', so for $35, I'm more than happy with it.

bex

HSC
i use a mac one.. the liquid one.. i like it but it really stings my eyes! does anyone else find this?

HSC
Uh... i've never tried it, but i wouldn't use anything that makes my eyes sting...

Except shampoo, of course... haha i'm such a wuss :p

HSC
N/A
Yeah, only use foundation for going out occassions...just the basic covergirl clean makeup with mabelline powder...all cheap but simple to use stuff.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
i get red cheeks very easily (from blushing and if its a little hot when im out) so foundation is a god-send for me when i go out. i use Clinique. I can't find the perfect colour for me, so I use two and mix them in the same bottle which ends up being that perfect colour that is right for me lol

Clinique are freakin expensive though. like $60 + a pop. but they're worth it.

Always

HSC
For a more polished look I use Chanel Vitalumiere. Expensive, but worth every cent.

Usually, I mix moisturiser with Revlon Skinlights Diffusing Tint for a very sheer finish. It just helps to even out skin tone and add more 'glow'.

special_k

HSC
bex said:
i use a mac one.. the liquid one.. i like it but it really stings my eyes! does anyone else find this?
Generally I try not to get it in my eyes... But I use this stuff. It's the shiz.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
usually either my covergirl liquid one (i forget exactly what its called) or this clinique one which i dont often use because it was quite expensive and its also not quite the right colour. i was tanned when i bought it :eek:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
usually either my covergirl liquid one (i forget exactly what its called) or this clinique one which i dont often use because it was quite expensive and its also not quite the right colour. i was tanned when i bought it :eek:
you shouldnt save foundation for ages, no matter how expensive, because it'll seperate and then its useless. its getting into summer months, you should use it before it spoils.

HSC
Tinted moisturisers i have tried:

Bobbi Brown: $65, pricey but it's medium-heavy coverage so you can dilute it with moisturiser and use it forever and ever. Very matte.

Stila: $65, also pricey, a better colour range, but i find that my skin tone changes between seasons so doesn't work that well for me. Light-medium coverage, gives a dewy look.

CoverGirl: $15, really quite good, feels smooth, non-greasy, sheer coverage and gives a dewy sort of look. I wish they had my colour, i can only wear this in winter when my skin is pale.

Ten-O-Six: $7? $8?, a bit greasier, light coverage, it favours skin that is more pink (read, caucasian) and doesn't come in different shades. Also dewy.

Dove: $no idea because i've never re-bought it, was absolute crap, the colours did nothing for my skin and was more of a medium coverage with gross greyish colours. Wasn't pretty light and i don't know. No dewy, powder or matte, it was like smearing mud mask on your face.

When you're looking at the prices, keep in mind that the first three(Bobbi Brown, Stila and CoverGirl) are about 50ml, while the other ones are closer to 30ml.

edit: I can't say i ever 'break out' with or without tinted moisturiser, so someone else might have to answer that question.

Last edited:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
all foundations cause breakouts if you dont remove them totally. thats why you shouldnt wear it every day.

i find that natio is quite good, and is relatively gentle on your skin, and quite cheap. go to myer and try lots of them. thats what i do with cosmetics, cos it all depends on your skin tone and type.

i think the best tinted moisturiser is ponds, but they all seem about the same. and ponds costs about $9 i think.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I dont use foundation at all- maybe a few occasions here and there cos i dont think i really need it. But when i do, i use MAC Face and Body Foundation or MAC Select Tint SPF15 Foundation. Its really long lasting, really easy to blend, ultra sheer, smooth and really hydrating. From memory, i think the Face and Body one cost about $60-70 so they are pricey, but it is MAC. I actually should get rid of it, its been a while since ive used it.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
kimi said:
I dont use foundation at all- maybe a few occasions here and there cos i dont think i really need it. But when i do, i use MAC Face and Body Foundation or MAC Select Tint SPF15 Foundation. Its really long lasting, really easy to blend, ultra sheer, smooth and really hydrating. From memory, i think the Face and Body one cost about $60-70 so they are pricey, but it is MAC. I actually should get rid of it, its been a while since ive used it.
i go by if it seperates, its time to throw it out. otherwise who knows what is breeding in it.

also if people are worried about breakouts, make SURE you wash ur brushes and sponges if you wear foundation, otherwise your face wont clear up. you can buy special bruch cleaner, cant remember where.

special_k

HSC
I don't use a tinted moisturiser any more, but the Ponds one was okay considering how cheap it was. I use Clinique City Block with an SPF of 24. Good stuff.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I hate liquid foundations, they love to highlight any yukky dry bits on my face.

I stick to pressed powder--if I just want to even my skin tone out for work I use maybelline shine free pressed powder, for more special occasions when I want the perfect skin I use meteroties pressed powder. Most days though I don't wear anything, a brush of mascara and a dab of lipgloss and thats usually the extent of my makeup...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)