Found out from friends I did both given option topics for trial. What does this mean? (1 Viewer)

the_one_1

HSC
There was no clear way at recognising which option topic you were doing. What does it mean if I did both option topics in the trials?

the_one_1

HSC
Re: Found out from friends I did both given option topics for trial. What does this m

you're only supposed to do 1 option

they won't count the second attempted
I did the full of one topic confidently and got confused and did the other too. Great so i'm going to get a lower mark for a fucked up mistake which was not made obvious in the exam. :mad:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Found out from friends I did both given option topics for trial. What does this m

I did the full of one topic confidently and got confused and did the other too. Great so i'm going to get a lower mark for a fucked up mistake which was not made obvious in the exam. :mad:
dw man

if it makes you feel better, my dog started sobbing when he read this post

the_one_1

HSC

dw man

if it makes you feel better, my dog started sobbing when he read this post
that doesn't make me feel better :mad:. It's an exam, I have to do well in it or I will never go to uni.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A

Ask your teacher via email.

When's the exam? which option DID YOU study?

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC

talk to school bout it

the_one_1

HSC

Ask your teacher via email.

When's the exam? which option DID YOU study?
The exam was today and I just emailed my teacher. I studied the second topic for option and there was one before it and I did both. (Exam time went for too long so obviously thought it had to be done)

nifkeh

HSC

if you did both in the actual HSC exam, not trials they would mark the first option that was sequentially attempted and the others would not be counted in the mark

however since this is trials it is up to your teacher's discretion once you tell him you did two by accident. just make sure it doesn't happen in the actual hsc :D

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A

LOL.

I did the exact same thing for PDH in prelim.
Paper was soo stupidly set out, that I ended up doing 3 of the option topics, and thought that I had to complete the whole 5.

I dropped PDH after I walked out of the exam. I wasn't the only one so I guess that's a good thing.

Nataliexu

HSC

they mark both. and the one you have a higher mark in is yours.. well thats how it is in the HSC

BigBadBader

HSC

Yes, sdd and ipt have option topics which are studied throughout the year. For SDD exam you only complete 1 question of the 2. in ipt there are more options and you only pick 2 or 3 i cant remember. if you do all 5 or so, theyll only count the first ones they receive.

Bobbo1

HSC

if you did both in the actual HSC exam, not trials they would mark the first option that was sequentially attempted and the others would not be counted in the mark

however since this is trials it is up to your teacher's discretion once you tell him you did two by accident. just make sure it doesn't happen in the actual hsc :D
+1. Put it this way you're now going to have an whole option topic's worth of time which you can spent on your actual questions. P.S. you must honestly be quite smart to actually answer questions which you haven't studied before!

nifkeh

HSC

in ipt there are more options and you only pick 2 or 3 i cant remember. if you do all 5 or so, theyll only count the first ones they receive.
second sentence is right, for IPT you attempt 2 out of the 4

nifkeh

HSC

you have a higher mark in is yours.. well thats how it is in the HSC
no they do not allocate your mark to the higher scored option. it is the first numerically numbered option that you attempt that your mark is taken from. so if you did options 3 and 4, your option 3 would be taken in

the_one_1

HSC

+1. Put it this way you're now going to have an whole option topic's worth of time which you can spent on your actual questions. P.S. you must honestly be quite smart to actually answer questions which you haven't studied before!
I didn't know any of the option topic. I was sick for about a month and missed out on some work so I obviously thought it was work from that time. I didn't understand a thing. The exam went for to long and it was begging to be answered.

Focus is Key

HSC

I made the same stuff up in my Ancient History prelims. The teacher just took whichever was my highest mark but the BOS may not be so kind.

shinebright

HSC

Markers will only look at one, perhaps choose the one with the higher mark? (If they look at the second one at all, that is.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)