Formulae from the Jacaranda textbook (1 Viewer)

IAU001

HSC
anyone recommend knowing all those random formulas in the jacaranda textbook for this topic? the list is extensive and sooooo hard to understand lol far out. does anyone else think the textbook kinda goes overboard with this topic? =S

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Which forumulae? You probably do need to know all of them - Rydberg's equation, De Broglie's wave-matter formula, etc.

MrMMMan

HSC
Also remember there is a data sheet given to you. Make sure you remember that.

IAU001

HSC
F=(kq^2)/r^2 (which is apparently the force that an electron is held in orbit by a proton)

E = -0.5 * (kq^2)/r (the classical energy of Rutherford's hydrogen atom)

and then theres the radius of the stationary state of an atom =S

theres loads. but having a look at the questions, i dont think its necessary to know these formulae? wat do u guys think?

ajay098

HSC
F=(kq^2)/r^2 (which is apparently the force that an electron is held in orbit by a proton)

E = -0.5 * (kq^2)/r (the classical energy of Rutherford's hydrogen atom)

and then theres the radius of the stationary state of an atom =S

theres loads. but having a look at the questions, i dont think its necessary to know these formulae? wat do u guys think?
u onli need to know how to apply the formulas given in the formula sheet, any more than that, they can't ask a question on it. that been said, u should remember other formulas such as mvr = n(h/2 pie) to support ur De Broglie explanation. But u do not need to know how to apply the formula.

dont waste ur time, be careful that some formulas are removed since 2003 i thk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)