Forms!!! (1 Viewer)

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
yeah, pretty much any form, although Sect. 3 is generally an essay
other forms i've come across are newspaper articles feature articles and letters.
newspaper articles and feature articles are somewhat similar. however newspaper articles are more formal, hence more formal language, no contractions etc.
feature articles are more magazine type things, tending to contain more questions, less formal language, anbd are a bit more general
Letters, are well letters.
as with all text types, make sure you write specific to ur given audience (eg. to a friend-- less formal, to an organisation/ editor-- formal)

J

jhakka

Also for a letter, you have to set it out correctly.

For a personal letter it should be set out like this:

98 Johnson Street
WALNUT PARK NSW 2018

17 October 2004

Dear Achmed,

How is your kebab shop going? One just opened down the street from you, and I'm worried about how it will affect business. I suppose you retail folks appreciate competition anyway.

On a lighter note, my dog had puppies the other week. There were four girls and one boy, and they're growing up so fast. It'll be so sad when they leave.

Regards
Justin

A letter to the editor should be set out like this:

17 October 2004

The Editor
The Australian
GPO Box 4162
SYDNEY NSW 2001

Dear Sir/Madam

In response to Achmed Habib's letter (28/9) about how rising competition of the kebab sector of the retail industry has caused problems in family support, I would like to say that it may not be the competition that is causing the problems, but rather areas in which his own business is lacking.

I would sugget that Mr Habib evaluate how his kebab shop is run before blaming it on increasing competition.

Yours faithfully
John Jackson
209 Dangleberry Road
POOBUM HILLS NSW 2602
I hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

concession

Respected Member
HSC
jhakka said:
98 johnson st, walnut park
dam you

i went to get a kebab there and was held up at gunpoint and asked if i was here to sell them crack

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
concession said:
dam you

i went to get a kebab there and was held up at gunpoint and asked if i was here to sell them crack
Were you? Can I have some?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)