Formals (1 Viewer)

philzy

HSC
its almost gettin to formal time in yr 10. tell us where u r goin to the formal with ya skool. the skool i go to is picnic point high school and we are goin to dockside at homebush bay

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
in year 10 we werent allowed to go to an external venue and we had to do it in the school gymnasium (because we have no school hall)

we definately made the most of it. lol we couldve played basketball if we got bored :p

James747

HSC
We were given a choice of either Liechart (?) or Darling Harbour, and we're going to liechart -which sucks! Not many people are going anyway (inc myself =P), less than half the grade is going..
I'll save the formal for year 12.....^^

PrettyVacant

HSC
Star Room at IMAX. I'm not looking forward to it. It's so overrated, it's all about expensive frocks and shoes and good-looking dates. Ugh...who cares?!

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
ahh !! .. im so looking forward to my formal .. but its only gona be held in livo somewhere .. ><" .. arghh .. how lame .. but ive been looking forward to it since like yr 9 .. XD

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol. my yr10 formal was held at seven hills rsl club.

was such an awesome time! ^O^

and now im lookin forward to my yr12 formal :D bahaha

PrettyVacant

HSC
Jachie said:
Hmm..well, I'm looking forward to my formal. Even though our venue is like, not even 500m from our schol (Hornsby RSL, vomit) I know I'm going to have an awesome time because I'll be surrounded by awesome people. If you think your formal will suck, it probably will.

Is anyone else here on their school's formal committee? Did you guys actually get to pick your venue? I'm on my school's committee, but we didn't get a say about where the formal was held, because apparently we get some bargain at the local RSL. Damn. :(
Yeah. Our formal committee decided everything. Food, location, music, etc...
And I didn't say it would suck, I'm just saying I'm not looking forward to it. I haven't caught the "formal fever" bug yet.

PrettyVacant

HSC
I suppose.
And by the way...
What does 4U Maths and English, Japanese and Chemistry have to do with the Backstreet Boys?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
What does 4U Maths and English, Japanese and Chemistry have to do with the Backstreet Boys?
LAWL! that is sigged! XD

yeah. isay yr12 formal is gona be better ... u get to 'bond' with more ppl over the 2 senior years than the 4 junior years. funny that though~

Joohlie

HSC
We're having ours in Fairfield at El Roche.
I'm not going cos I'd rather spend my money on my year 12 formal.
There were so many "formals" being organised so I got confused and gave up trying to find out which was which.
We're so unorganised.

georgia27

HSC
Hey,

Our formal is being held at Newcastle town hall. It's actually turned out quiet cheap it's costing $60 each, and it includes hire of the hall, catered food, drinks and hire of a dj. I think it's pretty reasonable.

I'm going to find a dress soon, im pretty excited, but i don't want to go all out because i think the year 12 formal will be better. But i guess i will have to wait and find out. :)

PrettyVacant

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
At school.

It's "tradition".

o__O
That'd be groovy if your school was some really really nice private school.
If it's Jame Ruse, yeah, I heard about that.
"LOL! SCHOOL GYM!"

eternalparadise

HSC
N/A
at school. you would think a private school could afford somwhere better.

oliver.lacey

HSC
My formal is going to suck. Everyone at my school is a retard pretty much & they've all taken it very seriously. The girls picked out their "dates" & dresses months ago. Some girls are even paying for limos.

Unofortunately my girlfriend goes to a different school so I can't really go because I don't really want to go alone & inviting someone to go with me would upset her. I think I'm just going to put the year 10 formal in the "I don't care" file. It's really sad that some of the dumbasses at my school will look back on their school days & only have memories of paying $400 bucks for a dress to stand around with their friends at some country town restaurant.

Last edited:

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
oliver.lacey said:
My formal is going to suck. Everyone at my school is a retard pretty much & they've all taken it very seriously. The girls picked out their "dates" & dresses months ago. Some girls are even paying for limos.

Unofortunately my girlfriend goes to a different school so I can't really go because I don't really want to go alone & inviting someone to go with me would upset her. I think I'm just going to put the year 10 formal in the "I don't care" file. It's really sad that some of the dumbasses at my school will look back on their school days & only have memories of paying $400 bucks for a dress to stand around with their friends at some country town restaurant.
haha. wow. you can't take people from other schools? god that'd be so funny if that happened at my school. (Sydney Boys) heh. My formals going to be at dockside darling harbour. it was only around 83. (wish i had a date.) god it'd be so fun. because i think i have a friend who's a clown who doesn't have a date. perhaps maybe..... we can just laugh at people. haha. :) ..

okay. end positive mood. its gonna sucks for me. oh well. :burn: :( btw thats really funny how people can be bothered with so much for year 10..but then again..apparently theres only two. one in 10. one in 12. the one in year 11 is a 'semi-formal' ..whatever that is.

tongnk

HSC
I'm not even sure if we're going to have a formal. I think that some people are planning it but half the grade don't seem to be planning on going. : (

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)