Form in 1984 (1 Viewer)

Greninja340

HSC
How does one talk about Orwell's use of form in 1984, is this something they would be likely to ask in the HSC?

Wizjaro

HSC
It is possible for them to ask about form via storytelling more speciifcally. As you know I don't personally do 1984 but you should try to make sure most of your techniques are things prevalent throughout the text ie metaphors, characterisation, imagery etc. since that novel tends to use quite a lot of those. Its always good to have at least one mention of form in each paragraph like, for instance I'm doing Shakespeare so I mention dramatic irony, soliloquy, monologues, tension, comedy, humour, etc. If you want I can read your essay for ya and see where you can integrate form or if your integration of form is good.

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
How does one talk about Orwell's use of form in 1984, is this something they would be likely to ask in the HSC?
First thing that came to mind for me if we are talking form in the context of 1984 would be textual & genre hybridity:
  • Textual hybridity: things like the integration of Goldstein's 'The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism'
  • Genre hybridity: the fusion of realism (concerns for the present) and speculation (concerns for the future) (elaborate on the didactic nature of dystopian fiction)
Form is a branch often overthought & is really quite simple. I'd describe it as digging up techniques for the text holistically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)