Forensic science help?!?!? (1 Viewer)

lozza_c

HSC
Hey.....I'm not sure if any1 will be able 2 help me out.....but im doing my HSC this year and our careers advisor hasnt really offered much help about uni so im kinda lost and i dont have that much longer until i have to make some big decisions. I'm thinking that i want to have some sort of career in Forensic Science. To me the marks for Forensics are relatively high....I would like to achieve an 85 but im not sure how close i will get to that. I'm wondering if I dont receive the marks to be accepted into a Forensic degree what other ways are available to enter the Forensic course. I'm thinking about doing a B Science and seeing where that can lead me.....I just need sum sort of guidance or something to tell me wat is available. I am also wondering about the science faculty at UTS, how good is it? what life is like there?
I would really appreciate any help any1 can offer me....
Lauren

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah its ok- uts suits certain ppl more than others i would have to say though just like usyd attracts the metros

NosaJ

HSC
a forensics degree is a B Sc In Applied Chem usually. UTS offers a great honours course, but you have to achieve honours standard in the first two years or you get kicked out. If you live near a UWS, they also offer a course with an honours option on the end, so theres less pressure and if you do the STAT test the UAI cut-off is lowered by 10 points =)
i'm also planning to do forensics as you can tell! i'm currently studying forensic chemistry as my option module in my HSC so im hoping that will give me an edge and im loving it.
hope this helped

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
NosaJ said:
a forensics degree is a B Sc In Applied Chem usually. UTS offers a great honours course, but you have to achieve honours standard in the first two years or you get kicked out. If you live near a UWS, they also offer a course with an honours option on the end, so theres less pressure and if you do the STAT test the UAI cut-off is lowered by 10 points =)
i'm also planning to do forensics as you can tell! i'm currently studying forensic chemistry as my option module in my HSC so im hoping that will give me an edge and im loving it.
hope this helped
thats awesome u want to do forensics!
i'm really interested aswell- although i am in yr11...
i was wondering did your teacher give you the option to do forensic chemistry? cause my school has pretty much said no way, we dont have the resources... but someone told me i could study it independantly??? is that true? i thought it sounded a bit >?< ...lol forensic chemistry sounds really great: ) im glad your enjoying it!... r u planning on going to uts??? i thought the forensic biology course looks interesting too....do you have an opinion on that?

carmijune

HSC
*yooneek* said:
thats awesome u want to do forensics!
i'm really interested aswell- although i am in yr11...
i was wondering did your teacher give you the option to do forensic chemistry? cause my school has pretty much said no way, we dont have the resources... but someone told me i could study it independantly??? is that true? i thought it sounded a bit >?< ...lol forensic chemistry sounds really great: ) im glad your enjoying it!... r u planning on going to uts??? i thought the forensic biology course looks interesting too....do you have an opinion on that?
Hi Yooneek,
I know you posted that ages ago in August, but I was just wandering the web and came across the site. I am actually about to start my 3rd (and hopefully final!) year of forensic biology in UTS, so if you are interested in any info just post here again and I will reply.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
carmijune said:
Hi Yooneek,
I know you posted that ages ago in August, but I was just wandering the web and came across the site. I am actually about to start my 3rd (and hopefully final!) year of forensic biology in UTS, so if you are interested in any info just post here again and I will reply.
wow!!!

congrats on getting into the course and getting so far too!!!!
you are like the very person i've been waiting to talk to!!!

what is the forensic biology course like???
im so amazed by forensic science~my dream would be to study at uts...

do you know anyone that is doing the forensic science course in applied chemistry there?

either one of those two courses would be just the ultimate of goals for me to reach!

oh- and how are your career prospects looking?

thank you SO much xxx :)

HSC
hey
im forensic chem 3rd year, and i love it (but im a nerd)
i dont think studying forensic chem for an hsc option will give you much of an "edge"
personally - first year wasn't much of a challenge, but second year is renowned for being intense, and unless you really love chem and are prepared to be inundated with full lab reports (usually 3 due a week), 4hr pracs, 24 hour weeks and the added pressure of maintaining an honours standard, i'd lean towards a general forensics degree.
despite all that, i find the degree really rewarding so far, but each to his own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)