Forensic Chem (1 Viewer)

sneaker

Hi, i'm having a bit of a problem with this dot point, and was hoping someone can please help me out;

Describe the nature of the peptide bond and explain that proteins can be broken at different lengths in the chain by choice of enzyme

I have checked conquering chem, and contexts, and I still don't understand what I need to write, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

albatros30

FORENSIC CHEM NOTES

Anyone willing to swap forensic chem notes, i have some good ones. I think we'll all do better if we trade and have a bit of variety in our revision material:D :p

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Originally posted by sneaker

Describe the nature of the peptide bond and explain that proteins can be broken at different lengths in the chain by choice of enzyme

Thanks
ok well each enzyme is specific to an amino-acid... so if the forensic chemist wants to find a specific amino-acid in a sample, they can put in enzymes, which will break the protein chain at the specific point, so single amino acids can be identified...

hth - i'm just going off the top of my head here... if u need more help just pm me and i'll get my notes

Bannanafish

HSC
the peptide bond is:
O H
|| |
-C-N-

caused by elimination of water

to break the bond you need to undergo hydrolysis, cerntain enzymes break certain combinations of aminoacids

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)