Forced To Move Down? (1 Viewer)

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
Hey guys!
do any of you know whether or not the school has the power to move you down in any subject (though in my case maths) if your not doing too well?

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I think so, I mean, that's what they do at my school, and I'm assuming they do that at others too?

C

cal f

No, they can't force you... but you'd assume if they were wanting you to move down you'd be better off in the lower class, right?

Kabbasi

HSC
Hi! I'm responding out of interest in getting rid of that annoying notice that's telling me I'm being antisocial:

Personally I don't think that a school can force you to move down in class. However, I think they can make recommendations that you do so and you hence make the decision as to whether or not to move down. I know people at my school who dropped many a subject because their teachers recommended that they didn't do the subject based on their marks to date, but it was their own decision rather than the school forcing it to be done.

If you think you're doing well enough in Mathematics don't submit to what they want. It's your HSC and hence you should be perfectly able to do whatever subjects you wish to do.

evolution

OH` so juicy, squeeze me.
HSC
What is it that makes the school wanna force you out or into a subject.

SOMEBODY TELL ME !?!?

Maximum units: 12 ONLY BULLSHIT. BULL BULL

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
evolution said:
What is it that makes the school wanna force you out or into a subject.

SOMEBODY TELL ME !?!?

Maximum units: 12 ONLY BULLSHIT. BULL BULL
I reckon they do that so that the marks arent being 'dragged' down by the people who arent doing so well.. bleh thats what I think. lol

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
Kabbasi said:
Hi! I'm responding out of interest in getting rid of that annoying notice that's telling me I'm being antisocial:

Personally I don't think that a school can force you to move down in class. However, I think they can make recommendations that you do so and you hence make the decision as to whether or not to move down. I know people at my school who dropped many a subject because their teachers recommended that they didn't do the subject based on their marks to date, but it was their own decision rather than the school forcing it to be done.

If you think you're doing well enough in Mathematics don't submit to what they want. It's your HSC and hence you should be perfectly able to do whatever subjects you wish to do.
I agree with you too! I mean I CHOSE to do the course why should I be forced to move down?

My school is seriously weird.
One of the other reasons why they're forcing us to move down is because of the size of the class. I think the limit in each class is around 25-28 students? Well at the moment in my 2U class theres around 30 students and so the 2U people are being forced to move down to general making room for the people in 3U because they are finding it hard and want to drop down..
which I find heaps unfair I mean why should we give up our places for them?
ARGH I hate this it's so annoying.

S.Yong

HSC
Initially, i had 13 units, but i was forced to drop Ext 2 maths. So now i have 12 units. I think it's for the best, anyway. It's not like i'm great at maths or anything.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
You'd have to be doing pretty poorly to be forced to move down.

Seriously, I don't understand why you'd desperately want to do a subject if you're shit at it. It's much better to ace general maths than fail 2 unit. But if they're just making room for 3 unit people, don't change. Go to the class and they can suck on it. It's also perfectly possible to complete 2 unit in a 3 unit classroom, you just don't do some of the work that they do.

And nobody wants to do more than 12 units. It's a lot of units and it basically means you're doing 3 for no reason, because they won't count.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)