For those of us taking more than 10 units into the HSC... (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I'm only doing 11 units. =P Personally, I believe that dropping from 13 to 11 was a big change. Less assessments and stuff.

Anyways, I think either 1 unit from physics of 1 unit from IPT won't count.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I'm doing 13.
Maths and Extension 2 English wont count.

Loved every minute of ex2, took math for the practicality.
Ive had a great year.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
kasakiki said:
i kid you not :) and yes, the worst mark i have ever gotten. the top mark in the trial was 70ish in our class, the second mark started somewhere around 30. and the top marker from our class, bless her littl e heart , beat 2 of the ext 1 maths kiddies marks.. thats quality for ya!
iyounamu : some parents cant accept defeat, even when its right there, giving them the stink eye...
lol,, gg! good luck man

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
doing twelve units but none are extensions lol so it just going to be one subject wont count and its probably going to be maths which might not be so good but w/e

chewnugm

HSC
HSC 2008, do 13 units but did 15 in prelim and it was ok. I picked up 4 unit maths for HSc and droped legal so now i do: Ext 1 and 2 mathematics, physics, chemistry, PDHPE, Studies of religion (1 unit) and Avanced English. PDHPE and SOR won't count for me. In 2006 HSC my sister did 16 units and came out with 97.15, so i guess it just depends on how much effort you're willing to put in.

nrs1990

HSC
I'm betting English Advanced won't count for me, but I'm still going to try to study for the damned subject...

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
Doubt MusX1 will count. which sucks because i wasted a lot of time on it.

shakky15

HSC
if english didnt have to count id be on my merry way to a 97 or so UAI..

seeing as it does, one of my other subjects (hoping to get a band 6 in all of them) will need to half-count (im pretty sure SOR 1 will count coz our school guns it).. probably gonna be half of maths not counting...

damn u english...

EDIT - That poster above me stole my signature format! :mad:

wen11

HSC
I'm doing 14 units for the HSC: ESL, IBS, Math X1, Math x2, econ, physics, chemistry..
pretty sure IBS won't count..

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Just 12 units, dropped down from 14. Pretty sure maths extension will be lowest, followed by a unit of M2U.

HSC
13 units, English Adv. won't count, though i still need a Band 4 for bonus points :(

Only 10% of the state get less than Band 4 for EngAdv btw :D

L i L O

HSC
Hopefully English Extension 1 won't count for me..

It'll either be that or SOR, and I think I'll a hundred times better in SOR.

Although EE1 scales much higher, my internal rank and marks for SOR were WAY higher. I did shit all in EE1, so its all my own fault :)

mudswitch

HSC
please don't shoot me down 4 asking this but does english have to count towards your 10 units in your HSC? cos i know it will be my worst subject by far.. its sad seeing english is the language that we speak :S

janaranaran!

HSC
I toyed for ages over whether to drop art, cause I thought i'd go crap - but now I've been doing really well, so I'm glad I didn't.

Conversly, I thought I'd go well in ext maths. no sirree bob.

so i'm very glad i trusted my instinct and didn't follow my logic of 'oh art will take so much time, you should drop it and focus on the others nyer nyer nyer'

shakky15

HSC
mudswitch said:
please don't shoot me down 4 asking this but does english have to count towards your 10 units in your HSC? cos i know it will be my worst subject by far.. its sad seeing english is the language that we speak :S
your two best units of english MUST be counted. If you do extension one or two then its possible to make english (advanced) not count.

If the only english you do is standard or advanced, and nothing else, both units will be counted regardless of how well/poorly you do in them.

it sucks

hjp.

HSC
i do 12 units.
i think maths wont count.
or maybe extension 1.

hairej1

HSC
risole91 said:
Doing 12 units.
Biology won't count.
Not studying for it.
haha same here.. i really cbf. i have the best notes tho so kinda kicking myself. i srsly cant b fucked reading them all.. theres too much! i want bio 2 count tho coz doing a science would bump the uai up a bit.. shame

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
bio doesnt really scale only sciences which do are chem and physics

glad maths dont count only problem parents been sendnig me to tution so i have to appear to attempt it at least i mean never know might surprise myself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)