For people doing Coleridge as core text (1 Viewer)

munchkink8

HSC
In a lecture at school, the teachers told us that the Board of Studies has always reserved the right to specify which poems we have to analyse (i.e. we don't get to choose from the four)... This entire year I have been doing Lime Tree Bower and Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and I'm totally screwed if they specify.... Has anyone else prepared all of them? I know it's pretty unlikely they'll specify, but we are the last year of journey so they may want to just throw it in there. Eeeeeek.

HSC
i hope not, my class was never told that they could tell us what poems to do. i have spent all year doing frost at midnight and kubla khan so i hope they dont. if they do i will be majorly fucked:mad:

munchiecrunchie

HSC
its highly unlikely that they'll specify. It would screw too many people over. They just wouldn't do it.

rel91

HSC
They better not do that or i am so screwed....although apparently they can ask you to do THREE poems (not 2) so i know 2 of them very well and another not as well (but i could use it if i have to).......all i am gonna say is that if they ask me ANYTHING on kubla khan then i am sooooooo screwed :p

munchkink8

HSC
That is because KK was written when he was incredibly high on opium and all sorts of stuff haha.... Yeah, can't stand Kubla Kahn it makes no sense to me... except apparently nature has an orgasm? That's all I took away from my lesson about Kubla Kahn.
Yeah... I know it's very unlikely but it's a bit worrying, but hopefully the Board of Studies has a heart.

munchkink8

HSC
Yes, yes they can. My teacher who has marked the HSC for many years said while it's highly unlikely, bear it in mind.

HSC
so what the fuck am i ment to do
i suck so badly at english and have just managed to learn two poems in a semi good way and have pritty much prepared an open ended essay that can be easily changed
now i have to go learn all the poems for a weird but unlikly chance they will tell us which ones to write about. :mad:
should i bother trying to learn the others or just stick with my 2

munchkink8

HSC
No no, I'd just say stick with two. I think that's what everyone in the state has done! It was just a concern but now I think about it more, it would give people with just a book as their core text way too much of an advantage because it would fuck up pretty much everyone doing Coleridge. Don't worry, for English I just do what every English teacher says not to do, memorise my essays :) every one. Just make sure that yeah it is open ended so you can adapt it relatively week! Stick with two poems. I am way too lazy to learn another two anyway.

Jaspal

HSC
I hate frost at midnight.
Lime-tree bower usually fits in with every question
i highly doubt they will ask for a specific one

i do the speeches module and for that one they can ask for specific ones. even two.

gl

Ebatchelor

HSC
I agree with what was said about it being unfair as some people only do one core text however as was also said they do it for speeches (and have) so who is to say they can't/won't. However as it has never been done and its the last year i dont honestly (please dear god) think they will. Although maybe they think we should have enough resources by now to manage, ahh so hard.
Lets just cross our fingers like heck huh.

pookins

HSC
They wont because if you look at the AOS paper, they have the same question for every single text, it only changes with the imaginative, physical and inner...

iluvGG

HSC
yeah they can't specify for this question, can they? because not everyone doing the imaginative journey does coleridge? that's my logic anyway and what i'm counting on. lol so screwed if they specify!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)