For mum. The one and only. (1 Viewer)

Kaido

be.
HSC
Gonna plan a huge bday for mum's 50th. I need yo guys' help though :D

Here's a small backstory that will hopefully outline how important this upcoming bday is:
Single parent since I was 3 (I'm now 17), showed humongous affection towards me for all 17 years. She's a tiger mum, been through the whips and canes to being kicked me out for days.
When she was younger, she was similarly raised by a single dad. She was dux at THE BEST school back in her state (in a foreign country), only to be confronted by the death of her father a few weeks prior to what she believed as the most important exam in her life - the uni entrance exam.
So... she lived by herself from then onwards, facing the inevitable decision of taking on her father's job (fruit selling, which yielded the most minimal wage possible in the country) at the age of 16, FORFEITING her university entrance exam.

Yet, for these last 17 years, I haven't shown any physical affection or even told her that I love her. Nothing. In fact, jump to 3:45 and watch till 4:30 in this anime: http://www.crunchyroll.com/jojos-bi...-1-the-man-possessed-by-an-evil-spirit-652155 to see an accurate reflection of how I act.
Simply put, I've built up a personality (which I only act in front of my mum) that makes things like showing affection extrememly difficult.

However, I want to do it. I want to be able to deliver a sincere and affectionate speech to my mum at a memorable party. And what better time to do it then after the HSC (fulfilling my mum's long lost dream) and on her 50th.

I think I'll break out a few tears. :lol:

So yeah, let me know how I should design and hold this special event, cheers guys :D

Last edited:

Revitalize

HSC
Well I can't say for sure because I don't know your mother. An intimate dinner to thank her, a gift of appreciation (jewelry if she likes that, that she can wear to have something tangible to always remember you? Flowers die and chocolates are consumed.) Could you make her a scrapbook or something if you're tight on money and want a personal gift? And regarding dinner, you could always make her dinner instead of taking her to a restaurant.

A memorable party would only be good if she's social and enjoys talking about you to others. Something more personal for your first sign of affection could be better.

Sorry if I'm not too much help :( Best of luck nonetheless, and make sure you do things according to how she would like it :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
You used JoJo to represent your relationship with your parents

This is too good hahahahahahahaha

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
In seriousness, just take her out/have a good dinner (cooked by you) at your place and give the affectionate speech.

It's more about the emotions and meaning that the event conveys than the materialistic value that is attached to it.

Kaido

be.
HSC
Well I can't say for sure because I don't know your mother. An intimate dinner to thank her, a gift of appreciation (jewelry if she likes that, that she can wear to have something tangible to always remember you? Flowers die and chocolates are consumed.) Could you make her a scrapbook or something if you're tight on money and want a personal gift? And regarding dinner, you could always make her dinner instead of taking her to a restaurant.

A memorable party would only be good if she's social and enjoys talking about you to others. Something more personal for your first sign of affection could be better.

Sorry if I'm not too much help :( Best of luck nonetheless, and make sure you do things according to how she would like it :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
Great suggestion, I'll prob get her a jewellery :)
Whats your budget?

Low budget=99.95 atar

Mid Budget= 95 atar with dinner

High Budget= 91 atar with dinner at fancy restaurant and jewelry (anything she likes really)
AHAHAHAHA, prob mid budget (~$500)

You used JoJo to represent your relationship with your parents

This is too good hahahahahahahaha
Yeah man, JoJo's such an accurate representation :lol:

In seriousness, just take her out/have a good dinner (cooked by you) at your place and give the affectionate speech.

It's more about the emotions and meaning that the event conveys than the materialistic value that is attached to it.
Prob take her out, dunno how to cook :(

Feeling more nervous about this than the HSC lel, its gonna be pree emotional

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Gonna plan a huge bday for mum's 50th. I need yo guys' help though :D

Here's a small backstory that will hopefully outline how important this upcoming bday is:
Single parent since I was 3 (I'm now 17), showed humongous affection towards me for all 17 years. She's a tiger mum, been through the whips and canes to being kicked me out for days.
When she was younger, she was similarly raised by a single dad. She was dux at THE BEST school back in her state (in a foreign country), only to be confronted by the death of her father a few weeks prior to what she believed as the most important exam in her life - the uni entrance exam.
So... she lived by herself from then onwards, facing the inevitable decision of taking on her father's job (fruit selling, which yielded the most minimal wage possible in the country) at the age of 16, FORFEITING her university entrance exam.

Yet, for these last 17 years, I haven't shown any physical affection or even told her that I love her. Nothing. In fact, jump to 3:45 and watch till 4:30 in this anime: http://www.crunchyroll.com/jojos-bi...-1-the-man-possessed-by-an-evil-spirit-652155 to see an accurate reflection of how I act.
Simply put, I've built up a personality (which I only act in front of my mum) that makes things like showing affection extrememly difficult.

However, I want to do it. I want to be able to deliver a sincere and affectionate speech to my mum at a memorable party. And what better time to do it then after the HSC (fulfilling my mum's long lost dream) and on her 50th.

I think I'll break out a few tears. :lol:

So yeah, let me know how I should design and hold this special event, cheers guys :D
When's she turning 50? For my dad's 40th we did 40 days of gifts leading up to it, mainly little things but cool stuff too.

Flop21

HSC
Don't even remember my mum's 50th...... lol this thread makes me guilty.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
holy crepola even my GF hasn't spent that much on me in a single setting

#doublestandards

tfw u try ur best and it is not good enough

every single time
it's okay you spent about 10k on me in the past year :DD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)