For how long is the UAI valid for? (1 Viewer)

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
UAI stands for University Admissions Index.
Is the UAI only for high school students going into uni.? Once that happens, can I "throw away" my UAI or is it used for other stuff like transfers?

I do note that the UAI (if it's good) goes well on a resume/ CV.

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
What if you get into uni. a long time after your HSC because you went to TAFE then transferred?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i remember reading in the uac book aaaaaages ago that it is valid for 10 years.

Im not sure cos this is just some vague info drifting back to my mind once i read this thread. The 10 yrs might not even be related to UAI validity periods lol

It shoudl be in the front of the UAC book though.

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
OK. For what purposes, other than those stated above, is the UAI is for? What if you've already gained a 'university admission'?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Argonaut said:
Until you get into uni (unless you're entering as a mature age student). Transferring between courses and possibly other universities is based on your performance in your course. As soon as you're into the uni, your UAI might as well not exist. I can't even remember what I got and I've only been here a week.
actually, undergrad transferring can involve UAI calculations as well.

entry into grad courses take into account the UAI as well

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Stopsign said:
So the UAI is used for transfers. Right?
Most of the time the UAI is used as 1/2 of the mark you use for undergraduate transfers - though some unis may not use it at all.

Last edited:

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
kami said:
Most of the time the UAI is used as 1/2 of the mark you use for undergraduate transfers - though some unis may not use it at all.
So that's dependable?

sscarpellino

HSC
The UAI rules have recenetly changed.

The UAI now lasts forever. You can only change it by going to TAFE and re-doing one or more subjects...or choosing new ones! (your old UAI will still be taken into account)

If you have a UAI you can not enter uni and a mature aged student because mature aged students can't have a UAI.

But never fear.... if you don't get the UAI you want to have heaps of other options of getting into the uni you want.
- re-do a class or two at tafe
-do a bridging class...useully about 3days and at uni and they occur before the start of uni
-do a different course at uni for a year then you can transfer to any class you want!!!

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Where did you get the information that mature age student can't have UAI?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Does this mean that mature age students, because they're too old, would cancel out any UAI they may have had?

ashimation

HSC
sscarpellino said:
The UAI rules have recenetly changed.

The UAI now lasts forever. You can only change it by going to TAFE and re-doing one or more subjects...or choosing new ones! (your old UAI will still be taken into account)

If you have a UAI you can not enter uni and a mature aged student because mature aged students can't have a UAI.

But never fear.... if you don't get the UAI you want to have heaps of other options of getting into the uni you want.
- re-do a class or two at tafe
-do a bridging class...useully about 3days and at uni and they occur before the start of uni
-do a different course at uni for a year then you can transfer to any class you want!!!

<b>Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yes, there are certain details missing.

- Bridging courses are for people who have gotten into the course (been to enrolment days and all that) and who don't have the assumed level of knowledge
- Re-do a class or two at TAFE--either repeat your HSC there, or enter a course there, then apply to transfer, with your marks being competitive, that is.
- Do a different course for a year and then transfer--you must apply to UAC and be competitive--there's no point applying if you're not competitive. Taken in conjunction with your UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)