For all those planning on taking gap year (1 Viewer)

The Huntster

I is teh sexy ninja
HSC
Hello everyone, I learnt today from our careers teacher about lots of stuff to do with yr 11 and 12 and university etc. One of the things that he told us is that it is best to apply for university at the end of yr 12 so that when you defer and have you're gap year the uni can keep a place for you. This also makes it a little easier because sometimes they change the UAI needed to get a course by a couple of points which could be the factor that stopped you from getting the course.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
When I read your title I seriously thought you were thinking bout taking a gap year after year 10.

Im not sure. Atm I think I will go to Uni straight after high school but who knows

This also makes it a little easier because sometimes they change the UAI needed to get a course by a couple of points which could be the factor that stopped you from getting the course.
But it could also go up

The Huntster

I is teh sexy ninja
HSC
agirlinatutu said:
When I read your title I seriously thought you were thinking bout taking a gap year after year 10.
Im not sure. Atm I think I will go to Uni straight after high school but who knows

yeh sorry about being unclear

HSC
probably travel..
or maybe even the adf one..sounds interesting

unless i get a qantas gig

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
The Huntster said:
Hello everyone, I learnt today from our careers teacher about lots of stuff to do with yr 11 and 12 and university etc. One of the things that he told us is that it is best to apply for university at the end of yr 12 so that when you defer and have you're gap year the uni can keep a place for you. This also makes it a little easier because sometimes they change the UAI needed to get a course by a couple of points which could be the factor that stopped you from getting the course.
your teacher sounds about right, I like the idea of a rotary exchange trip to sweden personally. i'll probably defer regardless.

victoria10

HSC
i understood the title. lol
but umm i really want to go too america after year 12.
like my friends and i have always said we were gunna go. we have all been saving up since like the beginning of last year.
but i do wanna go to uni so i dunno yet.
depends what i end up wanting to do.

aimhigh10

HSC
hmmmm im going to try to get an exchange for a year in like the 2nd year of uni or something instead of going on a gap year
maybe go to england or america
that would be fun =]

but from what ive heard
gap years are awesomeeeee
just that i would rather finish uni first and then travel the world
but exchange would be super

The Huntster

I is teh sexy ninja
HSC
well I'm going to do is probably have a gap year and in that gap year go to World Youth Day with a few of my friends in Spain, then after that we're gonna travel the world.

aimhigh10

HSC
The Huntster said:
well I'm going to do is probably have a gap year and in that gap year go to World Youth Day with a few of my friends in Spain, then after that we're gonna travel the world.

yeahh well that does sound funnnnnnnnn =DD

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Lukybear said:
what courses cant be defered?
In the UAC guide book, it should say under particular courses whether it can't be deferred- I know that most Arts and Journalism courses at CSU can't be deferred, same with certain medical courses? And I'm not sure about lists/any others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)