Food Technology Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
They were all very basic...but I still think I made a few mistakes.

Please feel free to debate, argue or ignore these answers.

1. C
2. C
3. A
4. B
5. B
6. C
7. B..maybe A?
8. D..maybe A?
9. A
10. D

naughtymanolo

HSC
i got very similar too you, however in not that confident in my answers

in 2.) I chose A, becuase Me too products are usually sucesful as they are a copy to take advantage of the rival companies sales KWIM? And i guessthey can still be concidered NEW products. IMO new to world are hte most likely to fail since there is nothing to compare them too, and they go out on a limb.

10.) i put B, but that was a random guess i have never heard of 'closridium botulinum' and chicen is often expossed to food posioning. but i could tottally be wrong, it was a random guess.

naughtymanolo

HSC
for 10 i just looked it up:

"The types of foods involved in botulism vary according to food preservation and eating habits in different regions. Any food that is conducive to outgrowth and toxin production, that when processed allows spore survival, and is not subsequently heated before consumption can be associated with botulism. Almost any type of food that is not very acidic (pH above 4.6) can support growth and toxin production by C. botulinum. Botulinal toxin has been demonstrated in a considerable variety of foods, such as canned corn, peppers, green beans, soups, beets, asparagus, mushrooms, ripe olives, spinach, tuna fish, chicken and chicken livers and liver pate, and luncheon meats, ham, sausage, stuffed eggplant, lobster, and smoked and salted fish." from:http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~mow/chap2.html

Thats odd i guess we are both right? maybe its one of those debateable questions tha tthe BOS changes and accepts both answers corectly i hope so.

illumination

HSC
pretty sure 10 is D) because in my text book it says that it is usually found in vegetables, and tomato is a fruit. also for chicken it would be salmonella, well that's what i assumed their way of thinking would be.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
^ Can I just say how strangley disturbing your avatar is? lol !

Yeah roasted chicken sounds something that would be related to salmonella but I could be so wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)