Food Technology Exam thoughts? post exam please? (1 Viewer)

rvp10

HSC
It was not bad, the essay was random lol. Multiple choice was a killer

LLouise

HSC
N/A
What the hell was with the essay question,
Food preservation processes that affect the health of Australians...l something like that.. Wtf
Let's just shove a bit of the course into the one question and hope for the best....

Multi was a bit hard, reckon it did pretty well with the short answers though...

And I'm DONE WITH THE HSC MF's!!!!!!! :smile: :spin: :party:

Last edited:

the_one_1

HSC
Multiple Choice was hard... Am I the only one that found it OK... Wow!, thought people would have found it alright also. I mean I did change a few of the answers at the end thinking I made mistakes. But I found it OK.

Short answers were difficult. But its difficult in all of the subjects I have done. But it was alright not really difficult. Just a challenge.

And the essay question... Your all finding it weird... I found it alright, but the question was difficult to understand. For all I know I could be all together wrong. lol :tongue2:

I just explained the food preservation techniques (is pasteurisation one...?), after explaining the preservation techniques then continued to the dangers if it is not preserved properly and then the danger to the health of Australians (illness, death...) and the affect to the Company making the product due to compensation. Anyone know if this is right?

The thing that I was annoyed about was section 3. I indeed stuffed that up. So for me thats already 15 marks lost... :(

moocow920

HSC
Multiple was horrible, short answers ok and thought the extendeds were ok. I structures last question as 1. Improves health by making healthy food available year round so a balanced healthy diet can be achieved, 2. makes nutritious fruit and vegetables able to be stored for longer and therefore able to be transported to remote areas improving diet and health and 3. preserves nutritional value for longer so that more vitamins and minerals are retained and therefore food has more nutritional value when consumed, and mentioned specific processes like drying, canning, freezing, pasteurisation throughout

the_one_1

HSC
Multiple was horrible, short answers ok and thought the extendeds were ok. I structures last question as 1. Improves health by making healthy food available year round so a balanced healthy diet can be achieved, 2. makes nutritious fruit and vegetables able to be stored for longer and therefore able to be transported to remote areas improving diet and health and 3. preserves nutritional value for longer so that more vitamins and minerals are retained and therefore food has more nutritional value when consumed, and mentioned specific processes like drying, canning, freezing, pasteurisation throughout
I thought it was negative health effects of from food preservation techniques. How badly do you think it might affect my marks if I was wrong.?.?.?.

moocow920

HSC
I thought it was negative health effects of from food preservation techniques. How badly do you think it might affect my marks if I was wrong.?.?.?.
Well it said analyse the effect and I chose to argue that it was a positive effect but you can say either way as long as you back it up with points

GeorgiaPupulas

HSC
i said positive and negative, but i based it around all the preservation techniques and then explained how those particular ones affected health, i thought it was all good apart from multies. :(

the_one_1

HSC
Well it said analyse the effect and I chose to argue that it was a positive effect but you can say either way as long as you back it up with points
By back it up you mean explain the effects be it negative or positive. Because I think I forgot to back it up... :/

moocow920

HSC
Well like for example I would begin or conclude the paragraph with something like "food preservation processes allow the shelf lives of healthy foods such as fruit and vegetables to be extended, allowing the transport of these food products to remote areas and providing remote communities with a balanced diet that positively contributes to good health"

the_one_1

HSC
Well like for example I would begin or conclude the paragraph with something like "food preservation processes allow the shelf lives of healthy foods such as fruit and vegetables to be extended, allowing the transport of these food products to remote areas and providing remote communities with a balanced diet that positively contributes to good health"
My last two paragraphs back up my explanation on how pasteurisation and sterilisation/bottling works.

1. Explanation on how sterilisation/bottling works in preservation.
2. Explanation on how pasteurisation works in prevention.
3. The dangers if the types of preservation don't work
4. The results on the companies if illness/death is the result of pasteurisation

Opening paragraph: define preservation and the types of preservation in the essay which affect Australians health
Conclusion: if preservation is done correctly the companies won't be affected. But if so the implications are tremendous due to the loss of customer trust therefore loss of profit and possibly bankruptcy.

Is this alright with how I set it out.

moocow920

HSC
My last two paragraphs back up my explanation on how pasteurisation and sterilisation/bottling works.

4. The results on the companies if illness/death is the result of pasteurisation

Opening paragraph: define preservation and the types of preservation in the essay which affect Australians health
Conclusion: if preservation is done correctly the companies won't be affected. But if so the implications are tremendous due to the loss of customer trust therefore loss of profit and possibly bankruptcy.

Is this alright with how I set it out.
I'm sure it'll be fine there are tonnes of ways of interpreting the question, guess we will find out. Pretty sure I've missed out on a Band 6 though so I'm pretty pissed

lozzzsmithhy

HSC
Multiple Choice was hard... Am I the only one that found it OK... Wow!, thought people would have found it alright also. I mean I did change a few of the answers at the end thinking I made mistakes. But I found it OK.

Short answers were difficult. But its difficult in all of the subjects I have done. But it was alright not really difficult. Just a challenge.

And the essay question... Your all finding it weird... I found it alright, but the question was difficult to understand. For all I know I could be all together wrong. lol :tongue2:

I just explained the food preservation techniques (is pasteurisation one...?), after explaining the preservation techniques then continued to the dangers if it is not preserved properly and then the danger to the health of Australians (illness, death...) and the affect to the Company making the product due to compensation. Anyone know if this is right?

The thing that I was annoyed about was section 3. I indeed stuffed that up. So for me thats already 15 marks lost... :(
Yeah I think I lost those 15 marks too :( What you did with your response is exactly what I did!

the_one_1

HSC
Yeah I think I lost those 15 marks too :( What you did with your response is exactly what I did!
I did my Section 4 this way...

I was talking about Section 3 was the one I stuffed up. The exam had 4 sections if I was correct. I definitely stuffed up Section 3, but if you did the same thing as me for Section 4 then I have lost 30 marks not 15. :cry:

BRegs

HSC
I liked the extended response ... I think it'll be a discriminator.

I linked in pasteurisation techniques such as pasteurisation, canning, dehydration etc. ... and how they benefit the health of Australians. For example, pasteurisation ensures milk is safe for human consumption, thus enabling Australians to gain an adequate/accessible source of calcium ---> i then proceeded to link this example to the nutritional considerations dot-point, with examples for groups such pregnant/lactating women + elderly etc.

Multi was hard.

Short answers required reading time to process, unfortunately

the_one_1

HSC
I liked the extended response ... I think it'll be a discriminator.

I linked in pasteurisation techniques such as pasteurisation, canning, dehydration etc. ... and how they benefit the health of Australians. For example, pasteurisation ensures milk is safe for human consumption, thus enabling Australians to gain an adequate/accessible source of calcium ---> i then proceeded to link this example to the nutritional considerations dot-point, with examples for groups such pregnant/lactating women + elderly etc.

Multi was hard.

Short answers required reading time to process, unfortunately
Thats exactly what I put down for the preservation processes question in the extended response. The paragraphs explaining the sterilisation/bottling and Pasteurisation aspects I put down how it supports the Australian consumer (extending shelf life and use for sterilisation/bottling and the pasteurisation of milk to help in bone strength after being consumed. Along with how these preservation processes are completed). Then started about the negatives of incomplete or incorrect preservation (the dangers to consumers, lead to illness and death. The impacts to companies who make the products).

The more and more I think about it the more I feel I have reached 12/15 for that section. :D

BRegs

HSC
You're on the right track .. my teacher is (or was, I think she's taking a break this year) a HSC marker, and she said I was definitely on the right track when I told her what I wrote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)