food tech hsc exam in 2 days! (1 Viewer)

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC
2 more days!! OMG! english paper one and food tech on same day. this killing me so bad! >.<" so much to remember.

by the way, is everyone ready for the food tech exam?

im not! )=

well good luck to who ever does food tech in 2009.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
it sucks, but doable just most of my class is going to leave early probally cause most of them hate food tech and don't give a crap about anyone elses chances. OMG my hand is going to be so sore 5 hours of writing NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! the pain the pain of it all. And a sore back in horrible plastic chairs is death TT_TT.

I feel prepared for it. But I think nutrition is going to let me down for some reason I hope we get a question about groups of australians eg adolescent girls etc or about the media's influence.

I reakon we're going to get a lot of legislation cause there was none last year

Cman64

HSC
Find yourselves lucky i have English and food tech on wednesday, thursday Information Processes and Technology, Friday English, Monday ancient History

spazamataz

HSC
I hate food manufacture with a passion.
But I love the option, so not going to do food manufacture.
I think all the other topics are fair easy
Anyways, good luck guys!!

shaza23q

HSC
i am so angry it's on the same day as english.

and don't you have to do manufacture? isn't the only option nutrition or the other one?

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC
it sucks, but doable just most of my class is going to leave early probally cause most of them hate food tech and don't give a crap about anyone elses chances. OMG my hand is going to be so sore 5 hours of writing NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! the pain the pain of it all. And a sore back in horrible plastic chairs is death TT_TT.

I feel prepared for it. But I think nutrition is going to let me down for some reason I hope we get a question about groups of australians eg adolescent girls etc or about the media's influence.

I reakon we're going to get a lot of legislation cause there was none last year
yeah! 5 hours of writing! >.<" some of my friends even worse!!
they got business today and food tech and english tomorrow! LOL! thats gg for them.

yeah! Nutrition will screw me up for sure. im hoping that we will get the specific group as well.

and legislation? im so not good at that! u mean for all 4 topics or just AFI??

btw one more day!!! >.<"

@shaza23q:

you can either pick FPD or FM in section 2 part b
and you MUST do 1 FM question which is question 12.

and the optional topic was either Nutriton or Market place.

i think spazamataz meant to do FPD instead of FM in the extended respond.

Last edited:

fayeee

HSC
i hope there's so food process charts crap! i dno, i dislike them :s

i agree, i rkn there'll be heaps of legislation in this one, seeing as there was none last year

and i'm hoping there's no marketing plan for FPD :p that'd make me heaps happy. :D

Question 18 (15 marks)
Identify active non-nutrients and discuss their roles in the diet and health of Australians.
OR
Question 19 (15 marks)
Community groups, the food industry, government organisations and private agencies have a
role in promoting diet and health.
Discuss the roles of these different groups in promoting diet and health in Australia.

those were last year. i believe it's going to be on a group, or the dot point where you talk about food intolerance/allergies, CVD and diabetes. i dno :s

what are the chances that they'll repeat the same extended questions?

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC

i agree, i rkn there'll be heaps of legislation in this one, seeing as there was none last year

and i'm hoping there's no marketing plan for FPD :p that'd make me heaps happy. :D

Question 18 (15 marks)
Identify active non-nutrients and discuss their roles in the diet and health of Australians.
OR
Question 19 (15 marks)
Community groups, the food industry, government organisations and private agencies have a
Discuss the roles of these different groups in promoting diet and health in Australia.

those were last year. i believe it's going to be on a group, or the dot point where you talk about food intolerance/allergies, CVD and diabetes. i dno :s

repeat extended responds questions?
i dont know. but everything is possible! omg my friend in business exam now! i dont know what hes feelings is like now! >.<" im so scared right now. ohh man hope the F.M impact on techonology wont be in it. im so hate this topic F.M. >.<

dmdileva

HSC
im so so so lucky, i do pathways, so i dont have english until next year. finally something goes right!

i agree with your predictions! i'm so excited for the exam, so it is over. though i realllly want a good mark!

Silent04

HSC

Question 18 (15 marks)
OR
Question 19 (15 marks)

I'd have to say I agree as well in that it looks like there will be a fair bit on legislation. Especially since there was like hardly any in trials or last years paper. However, I will be glad to study for them but not see any questions come the exam tomorrow!! :):)

I found the CSSA trial pretty easy in comparison with some past papers. I only lost three marks in the extended response section, so I hope they repeat them for the exam haha. I'm feeling pretty confident about it though.

Marketing charts/plans whatever, I think will be pretty easy too, probs because all the assignments have been good for prep. Nutrition will probs be the toughest for me at least, as that was the last topic we did, but at the same time info is pretty fresh in the mind.

fayeee

HSC
do you rkn they'll have any flow process charts??

i hate those the most LOL

and the identification of critical control points and quality control points.. blahblah..

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC
less than a day to go! are you guys ready year 12s FTer?

by the way dont forget to come back and tell us how you went in your exam.

well best luck to everyone!:monkey:

Silent04

HSC

and the identification of critical control points and quality control points.. blahblah..

Personally, I don't think they will have so many charts/graphs etc. Although it's not common in exams I dunno if we'll have this year either. However, you never know and those symbols are that annoying to remember.

However, they probs will have haccap stuff I think, doing hospo, it's pretty understandable whilst also frustrating.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
and legislation? im so not good at that! u mean for all 4 topics or just AFI??
Well policy and legislation is talked about in almost every unit so maybe a question in each of them of a 5 mark in AFI, or just lots in multichoice (That would be awesome)

I agree, i hate FPD i love manufacture cause its more sciencey for me so i don't have to think about it as much

fayeee said:
Question 18 (15 marks)
OR
Question 19 (15 marks)

thats what i reakon, so hopefully cause we got a question like that in our trials and I got 14/15 so i know can go well on it :D

I reakon both will be in there cause they haven't done the process chart in a while and it was in the independant paper which for the last 4 years has been pretty close the HSC paper.

fayeee

HSC
I reakon both will be in there cause they haven't done the process chart in a while and it was in the independant paper which for the last 4 years has been pretty close the HSC paper.
well, damn! those are the two things i'm least familiar with LOL.
CCP's were in food manufacturing extended response in 2008, so hopefully not tomorrow. damn. i was going to type hopefully not this year and then i realised ft's tomorrow. LOL!

but yeah..

everything else i can safely say i know backwards and forwards. sigh..
guess i have to familiarise myself with them?

and oh i did the independent paper for my trial :D
pretty cool.

dejeasi

HSC
omgshh ii had bussiness and spanish today and i got food tech n english tomorrow
haha.. =) kill me
anyway... food techs oriite u can pretty much B.S your way through it... just right now stupid manufacturing is annoying the hell out of me... im fine with the other topics ther sort of based on common sence... GOOD LUCK TO ALL
hopefully its gna be easy... coz i was lookin at past papers n i was like :jaw:

al02

HSC
relax its pretty much a bludge subject.

i did no work all year and 30 mins of study before exam and came out with an exam mark of 96 so there's no need to worry.

just try not to fall asleep!

True2azn

michael.tito
HSC
relax its pretty much a bludge subject.

i did no work all year and 30 mins of study before exam and came out with an exam mark of 96 so there's no need to worry.

just try not to fall asleep!
whoaaaa u must be really smart! >.<"

food tech exam today was hard like fark! )=
i dont think i went that good. T_T

so how about you guys?

yepfuckingsweet

HSC
wasn't happy with it! particularly with short answers. not feeling the mark i wanted and deffo not getting the 88 i got in the trials hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)