fml (1 Viewer)

shady145

Banned
HSC
I went to school and I saw my english ext teacher in the office when i was going into the office. he said that the school was going to appeal or some shit like that.. what does that mean?? some other people from my school was told that it was rounding off.. but how can rounding off make me drop 2 ranks from the school report. i dont get it..
appealing to the board so they double check your marks they entered into the system... i think
i don't understand how rounding can make you drop ranks,
if you are rankd 5th and your mark is rounded to the closest whole number/integer, lets just say it rounds down and the person ranked 6th rounds up then you should be still either 5th or equal 5th, there is no way it can make you drop... unless they say you are equal 6th and rank 5 is 'taken out'
in that case you were hardly infront of the two people behind you, <1% infront

Monsterman

HSC
appealing to the board so they double check your marks they entered into the system... i think
i don't understand how rounding can make you drop ranks,
if you are rankd 5th and your mark is rounded to the closest whole number/integer, lets just say it rounds down and the person ranked 6th rounds up then you should be still either 5th or equal 5th, there is no way it can make you drop... unless they say you are equal 6th and rank 5 is 'taken out'
in that case you were hardly infront of the two people behind you, <1% infront
The person ranked 6 in my school is ranked 7th as well...

Monsterman

HSC
ok, so do you know if the gaps were small or large?
I just remembered that there were two people ranked 6th.. i just know that i beat one of them by 2 marks in the trials so.. close.. but I shouldnt go down by that much should I? cause then we would all get the 7th ranked mark which would probably be lower than my hsc mark..

shady145

Banned
HSC
I just remembered that there were two people ranked 6th.. i just know that i beat one of them by 2 marks in the trials so.. close.. but I shouldnt go down by that much should I? cause then we would all get the 7th ranked mark which would probably be lower than my hsc mark..
it could if really close as i said before <1% gap then its definetely possible
so 3 people might be tied on '7th' and 6th and 5th are 'taken out'
wait for the boards reply and see what they have to say

flyace

HSC
yeh fml
the rank on my report was =12/58 for chemistry
but on students online it was 14/56

i told my deputy principal she hasn't called me back yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)