flexible 1st yr and interview (1 Viewer)

tommytomickey

HSC
Hi guys, i am a yr 12 students who is interested in doing chemical engineering but I doubt if I could achieve the UAI of 85 and, I just found the flexible engineering course that students who achieve a UAI above 75 will be considered by an interview.
The interview is about my motivation, interests and academic potential.
So can any one give me some suggestion about how can I make a strong impression for the teachers on the interview?
Thanks!

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i did the interview at the start of this year, so heres a few points which i think might help.

make sure you brainstorm all your talents, whether applicable to engineering or even if its just sports/leisure. act normal and make sure youre able to extend on some things rather than just regurgitating out answers upon being questioned.

talk about how you feel about education in general: what you think of your teachers (try not to blame them on getting a sub-expected UAI :p), what kind of books you read, what (dis)interests you have etc.

i think having a bit of indepth knowledge about the HSC system came in handy: aligning, moderation of marks, percentage in state, even SAMs estimation of how much assessment marks dragged me down.

try not to walk in the room looking like a failure. one of the first things the interviewer said while looking at my info was "hmm....quite poor results....hmmm..", but i somehow managed to keep my cool and get accepted. look them in the eye and let them know you want to do this course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)