• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Flexibility (1 Viewer)

micuzzo

HSC
hey looks like ill be coming to uts...

in the uts booklet things it claims that the courses are very flexible... is this true... i will b doing mechanical engineering so is it true i can also take up some electronics subjects [bcoz im interested in it] and not do some that i dont like... how about times.. can i choose the times of my tutes??

ty

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
If a course offers electives, it's very easy to pick up subjects not within your major, as long as you have met the prerequisites for that subject. From what I've seen, Engineering has 4 elective classes, and from a quick browse over the list, a few of those are electronics focused. You have to do all of the subjects in your major, as well as the core subjects, though, unless there's a specific reason to get out of them (such as completing a course at TAFE and being awarded the credit points). It's not a mix and match affair.

In regards to subject times: Most subjects offer a selection of times, but it can range from 4 different time slots on different days to 2 on the same day. Some subjects only offer 1 time slot. It really depends on demand. Core subjects tend to have a lot of students, so more times are offered, but as the number of students in a class diminishes, so too do the number of classes.

micuzzo

HSC
If a course offers electives, it's very easy to pick up subjects not within your major, as long as you have met the prerequisites for that subject. From what I've seen, Engineering has 4 elective classes, and from a quick browse over the list, a few of those are electronics focused. You have to do all of the subjects in your major, as well as the core subjects, though, unless there's a specific reason to get out of them (such as completing a course at TAFE and being awarded the credit points). It's not a mix and match affair.

In regards to subject times: Most subjects offer a selection of times, but it can range from 4 different time slots on different days to 2 on the same day. Some subjects only offer 1 time slot. It really depends on demand. Core subjects tend to have a lot of students, so more times are offered, but as the number of students in a class diminishes, so too do the number of classes.
must one pick electives? [sorry for the dumb question but i have no idea bout how uni works]

so i guess it is quite 'flexible' as they say. would you agree?

thanks for ur reply btw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)