Fixing Formatting Going from Onenote -> Google Docs (1 Viewer)

bradyjoosse

HSC
Hey! My teacher forced us to take notes on onenote and the notes viewing really sucks, I am here hoping someone knows an easy way for me to export and format my one note notes to get it all properly ready for me to continue within google docs. I understand I can copy and paste it into google docs but that would not fix the formatting.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given the compatibility and the manner in which Microsoft Office programs work together, you can export your OneNote notebooks as Word documents instead of copying your notes from OneNote and pasting them into Google Docs. Doing so involves following the below steps:
  1. In OneNote, go to "File"
  2. Go to "Export"
  3. Select "Word Document (*docx)". You can also select "Word 97-2003 Document (*doc)". However, Google Docs will only allow you to view .doc files. It will not allow you to edit them.
Once you have created the necessary Word documents, you can subsequently open and edit those in Google Docs (I believe you will need to upload them to Google Drive before doing so) since Google Docs recognises .docx files.

In the event that the above method does not lead to satisfactory formatting, I would suggest the following workaround:
  1. Ensure that your notes in OneNote are properly formatted in preparation for this process.
  2. Take good quality screenshots of your notes and paste them into Word documents.
  3. Once done, convert Word documents to PDF.
  4. Use an image to text converter to convert screenshots that contain text into modifiable text.
  5. Ensure that you download the output as Word documents.
  6. Once done, you can open those Word documents (now properly formatted) in Google Docs
I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)