Fitness First (1 Viewer)

SpoonSamba

HSC
Yeah I have heard the same thing, which is why I started this thread. These are literally my only 2 options, I was kinda hoping fitness wasn't as bad as the repuation that precedes it.

SpoonSamba

HSC
HELLLLLO

I would like to join a gym. In my area the only options are basically Gold's gym and Fitness First.

I'm doubting many people here have been to a gold's gym seeing as theres only like 3. SO I'm asking about fitness first.

Have you been?
How was it?
How much does it cost?
Worthwhile?
Through what methods do you pay for your membership?
Do you get raped by the contract? (Thats what a currrent affair said lolz)

THANKS!

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i've been to fitness first, but i've never had a membership.

equipment is okay.
expensive, not worth it, better off finding another cheaper gym.
i hear the contract rapes people, and is only worthwhile if you go gym like 3 times a week at least.

terminator69

HSC
15% off membership fees for a year if you know a Woolworths Limited employee who can print out a flyer for you.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
i've been to fitness first, but i've never had a membership.

equipment is okay.
expensive, not worth it, better off finding another cheaper gym.
i hear the contract rapes people, and is only worthwhile if you go gym like 3 times a week at least.
This.

From what I've heard, it's pretty expensive and the contract kind of traps you.

Golds gym I'm not so sure about, but I'd imagine they'd be a little on the pricey end because of the reputation the name has in the United States. Are there any alternatives in your area? I've always found smaller gyms (not physically, but in terms of brand name) typically have better value.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
Friend goes to fitness first (ahahahah)
and he tells me its 33.50 or so per fortnight, they will rape you if you sign a contract, even if its just for a casual visit (from experience)
and generally, you have to give them your bank details so they can just charge that directly, havent really heard of anyplaces that do memberships based purely on cash

never been to Golds, but from what ive seen, theyre alright
you should check them out beforehand and stuff though, not to sure what their repuation is in australia is

And, as with any gym, its only worthwhile if you go regularly, that is 3+ times a week
otherwise youre better off just going for a run every now and again or buying your own dumbbell set and bench

edit: YMCA ftw

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
anyone else here frequent the unsw gym? just started last week :)

JimmyMack

Premium Member
HSC
i wouldnt recommend fitness first as i heard bad stories bout their contracts. Im going to a 24/7 gym, Anytime Fitness and its alright but a bit small. I think you should try golds gym cos ive seen it on Maxs Muscle TV on foxtel and it looks pretty good, lots of equipment ect. Be sure to let us know of what happens!

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
fitness first might be generally more well equipped and more aesthetically pleasing, it also may have more room as its got the money to get spaces like that
its also could have one of the following: sauna, solarium, pool, hairdressers
i think you can attend those bodypump/bodyattack/zumba/generalcircuittraining classes too if youre a member

note that most other gyms are adopting this whole, let women work out too methodology and are beginning to do those classes (if youre into that kinda thing)

typical

HSC
Fitness First is great but it isn't called 'finance first' for no reason. There are two main options you can choose, lifestyle and premier. Premier you pay every fortnight, and you can cancel given a month's notice.

Then there's the infamous Lifestyle option. The one known for raping people's debit cards lol. Pretty much, you sign up for 12 months no backing out.

I only pay a student Premier fee, 25 dollars a week. Lifestyle goes for 21 dollars.

My advice, try out premier and if you like what you get go for lifestyle.

terminator69

HSC
and generally, you have to give them your bank details so they can just charge that directly, havent really heard of anyplaces that do memberships based purely on cash
My local YMCA does this too. I was cancelling my membership last year and they said i needed to give at least 2 weeks notice otherwise they will charge me for an extra fortnight. So i faxed st george a request so they could block ymca from debiting my account and i never got charged again muahhaahhaa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)