First Years 09 (1 Viewer)

hoggypig

HSC
Hi All,

My name is Mitch and I am starting a Bachelor of Computer Science at Uni Newe in 09.

I am rather nervous about the first few weeks of uni, after just moving from Taree area, living off campus and not knowing anybody (except from a few old school mates.)

Im an outgoing person around those that I know but Im not very confident at talking and meeting new people.

So if your in the same situation, whatever course your, post a message back or send me a private message. I'm willing to have a chat on msn and even meet up at O week or the days leading up to that start of uni so at least I'll know someone or a few people to be able to walk around with or meet up for lunch or in breaks or hang out with outside of uni. :)

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Yeah, after the initial nerves of being in the new environment with so many people, you'll realise it's not hard to make friends during lectures.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ZOMG influx of lil'uns stressing out. For once I actually want a moderator to cram these threads together lol.

EDIT:
hoggypig said:
So if your in the same situation, whatever course your, post a message back or send me a private message. I'm willing to have a chat on msn and even meet up at O week or the days leading up to that start of uni so at least I'll know someone or a few people to be able to walk around with or meet up for lunch or in breaks or hang out with outside of uni.
Ha, totally did this. Yay Craig! And another boser who wasn't doing the degree but introduced me to another person who became a great friend also :) There's not a lot else doing in Dev Studies though I guess.

Last edited:

chamelia

HSC
Making friends with people in your degree is easy as pie. You pretty much already share a key passion and goal in life. Biggest hurdle achieved.

Then you just got to decide one thing: are you an initiator or a standby?

Initiator: Walk up to someone, sit beside someone in a tut and comment on how lololol you have nooo idea man about what that crazy lecturer said lololol.

Standby: You are the person the initiator talks at.

blue_chameleon

HSC
em_516 said:
Hey you :) Not too bad, nice and relaxing really. Yours?
Yeah was pretty good to get away for a bit. Went to Jupiters on the Gold Coast and played some Blackjack.

Now i'm bored again for a while until work starts again.

T

Troy2287

hoggypig said:
Hi All,

My name is Mitch and I am starting a Bachelor of Computer Science at Uni Newe in 09.

I am rather nervous about the first few weeks of uni, after just moving from Taree area, living off campus and not knowing anybody (except from a few old school mates.)

Im an outgoing person around those that I know but Im not very confident at talking and meeting new people.

So if your in the same situation, whatever course your, post a message back or send me a private message. I'm willing to have a chat on msn and even meet up at O week or the days leading up to that start of uni so at least I'll know someone or a few people to be able to walk around with or meet up for lunch or in breaks or hang out with outside of uni. :)
Hey mate, I'm not in quite the same situation as you (I live bout 10mins from the Uni), but most of my mates arn't going to uni, so i'm a loner :( And I also dislike having to meet new people lol. My names Troy (as you can probably guess). Add me on msn: insanely_tame@hotmail.com hope we can catch up @ O week.

(Oh, btw I'll be doing surveying :skip: )

walkahz

HSC
Im josh hoping to scrape into mechanical engineering. Not many of my friends from school are going to newy but it is a chance to meet new people i spose. I live on the south of the central coast so i have a nice long train ride most days yay:mad:

ZaraKu

HSC
I'm doing newstep, so I guess I'm kinda 1st year. But I'm the kind of person that really doesn't like talking to strangers (I'm very shy and afraid of people I don't know, and unfortunately it makes me look like a snobby bitch) so any other Newstep-ers willing to say hi to me, PM me if you like!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
15/f/cali

I like pina colada's and dancing in the rain. Also long walks on a moonlit beach.

message me for a good time !!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

blue_chameleon

HSC
walkahz said:
Im josh hoping to scrape into mechanical engineering. Not many of my friends from school are going to newy but it is a chance to meet new people i spose. I live on the south of the central coast so i have a nice long train ride most days yay:mad:
If it's any consolation buddy, I did a 4.5 hour commute from Woy Woy area to the uni each day in 1st year.

Some awesome scissor/paper/rock games with friends on the train home were had though.

Ah, the innocence of being a freshman. :(

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
If it's any consolation buddy, I did a 4.5 hour commute from Woy Woy area to the uni each day in 1st year.
Wouldn't it have made more sense to invest a fraction of those hours in a job and easily pay for a room walking distance to the uni?

blue_chameleon

HSC
Graney said:
Wouldn't it have made more sense to invest a fraction of those hours in a job and easily pay for a room walking distance to the uni?
You know, I never even thought of that! Lol.

Hint: I was Fri/Sat/Sun on the CC earning plenty of $$.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
em_516 said:
ZOMG influx of lil'uns stressing out. For once I actually want a moderator to cram these threads together lol.

EDIT:
Ha, totally did this. Yay Craig! And another boser who wasn't doing the degree but introduced me to another person who became a great friend also :) There's not a lot else doing in Dev Studies though I guess.
lol, those were the days! If I remember right it was something like 'we both do development studies, we should be friends'. waaaaay cool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)