First Year Law Books. (1 Viewer)

afta???

HSC
there are people who would prefer not to find themselves in the middle of a long long queue politik
plus, if you're certain which books you need why don't buy it earlier?

for foundations, you definetly need the law & justice by prue vines ... it forms the basis of class discussions for the course
i would also buy the torts book but you won't use it until later on the semester ... it is also the prescribed nbook for Torts (LAWS1061) next semester
finally, the dictionary is really up to you ... i like to have the a hard-copy dictionary close to me but some students don't find it as useful since there is an online legal dictionary that contains more terms (you will be taught where to access it during your LAWS1052 'tutorials')

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Note that some books are prescribed, whereas others are recommended. to complete the course, you only need to have access to the prescribed texts. many of the recommended texts are available for borrowing in the law library anyway.

remember to sign up for peer tutoring!

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Can u sign up during orientation meeting?

Btw, those law books are costing me an arm and a leg. =o

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
textbookexchangewww.textbookexchange.com.au is your friend.

i don't know how exactly the orientation day will run but i think prue will mention it during the assembly. all the teachers will also advertise it in their classes. it's first-come, first-served basis, so get in ASAP.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
With textbookexchange, it's still costing me that much.

=(

lol~

jcfiction

HSC
N/A
i think the best advice in this thread was the reminder to exploit the library's resources
hello kimface

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)