First Term Assessment Marks... Good Marks? And can I relax a little bit now? lol (1 Viewer)

SophxMusic

HSC
Hi, I've just finished first term of HSC (starting second now) and I've gotten my assessment marks back. I come from a relatively small rural school (not small by any standard compared to some others around us) with around 40 kids in year 12. Our teachers are very experienced and make the effort to mark hard so that our marks reflect our true ability in the scheme of things. Our English teachers (both advanced and extension 1/2) have been HSC markers and know what the standard is.
My subjects are English Advanced, English Ext 1 and English Ext 2, Biology, Physics and Maths Advanced.
We did not have Extension English assessments yet - early this term - but all others we have.
My marks were:
AOS: Belonging (pretty much exactly the same as an exam essay question but done in class with the same time limit, as well as an unseen video that we had to include as a related text... worst. assessment. ever) - 19/20 and came first
Physics (full on the day prac and experimental write up, analysis and theory included): 19/20 and first
Biology (Kidney dissection/lots and lots of theory about how structure relates to function, diagrams... The theory aspect was around 6 pages of small writing with diagrams) 53.5/55, and second
Maths: 87%, and third.

Even with moderation of the marks after HSC exams, are these likely to remain very good marks? The weightings were 15% of internal marks for all subjects except English, which was 20%. And also, does this mean I have a bit of leeway to not go as well in another assessment? I'm not after a ridiculously high ATAR, my goal is 90+

epz

HSC
Your marks look amazing! You should be proud! I guess now we just have to try and sustain the good marks throughout the year :p

Last edited:

Rohanco

HSC
Your marks are very good. But don't get lazy, maintain a consistent level of work and you'll have a great ATAR by the end of the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)