• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

first phone, please help (1 Viewer)

themerald

HSC
I've finally decided to get a phone, now that i have some money to get one, and i was wondering if i could get some help. Anyone got any recommendations?

I was thinking maybe of getting a motorokr E8, cause they looked cool, and i like the modeshift idea(i don't have an ipod, mp3/4 either). I don't personally know anyone with one tho, so i don't know what they are like...does anyone know if they are good or not?
Plus, i live in the country, would not having 3G affect service?

08er

HSC
get an iphone. not having 3g wont affect you much, as you can still connect to the internet if you have wireless at home

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Stay very far away from Motorolas. They used to be fantastic about a decade ago - now, not so much.

iPhone.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC

3G allows you to make video calls & surf the internet via wireless. Also has higher data transmission rates.

And Iphone is overrated. Get something else.

johony

HSC
since you live in the country, you're best getting something a nextg phone from telstra :/

the iphone is probably the best phone you can get that works on nextg
be prepared to pay through the asshole for internet data usage though

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
Stay very far away from Motorolas. They used to be fantastic about a decade ago - now, not so much.
AGREED 110% i used to have a razr v3 which broke down within 6 months.. despite many efforts by motorola to "fix" it i still containted the problem.. eventually i got a replacement phone from optus-- a nokia.. so much betterr:wave:

aussie-boy

HSC
NB with iphone-
the best applications rely on having high speed wireless internet whenever you want to use them (maps, safari, email, youtube... as well as the 1000s of 3rd party ones that do everything you could ever dream of)

but it does have the ipod functionality, which is really useful for music and movies

if it was me, id buy a really really really cheap nokia and then the 16gb ipod nano as well... i dont see the point of spending money on fancy phone when you dont have 3g access

*btw 3G is a type of network which allows a faster transfer of data... so internet is much much faster than on the 2G GPRS network

08er

HSC
but benefits > costs when you get an iphone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)