First Pdhpe assessment? easy hard ect. (1 Viewer)

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Whats everyones first assessment?
mine is a crazily hard assignment, about health promotion, initiaton and the ottawa charter. its so hard.

anyone else get an extremly hard one?, the rest of the PE students from my grade got an easy essay.

Special-K

HSC
I'm doing one on justifying priority status on Aust. born overseas. I think this assignment will turn into a novel judging by what the our teacher said we need to include and I just finished by English assessment on Skrzynecki which was the biggest drag ever.

Lizzy Loo

HSC
Well i have to descibe why cancer was identified as a national health priority area, giving reference to indentifying ALL priority areas, social justice principles etc. Then in part b i have to develop a proposal for a multi faceted cancer promotion initiative and design a multimedia presentation on it. And then, as if that isn't enough, in part c i have to discuss how each initiative reflects the new public health approach, with refernce to the ottawa charter.

So yeah. I chose PE because? and we still have next year to look forward too aswell YIPPEE [rolls eyes]

Anyhoo gotta get back to my MAMMOTH assessment...

Liz
St Columba's, Springwood
PS. with reference to the title of your thread, i think my assessment falls under the 'Hard' category, wouldn't you agree?

xXxIchigoxXx

Oh snap!
HSC
I have to explain why cancer or CVD was identified as a priority area for improving Aus health. Then there's part B) where we have to discuss how the actions of health promotion in the Jakarta declaration would benefit CVD/Cancer with reference to the New Public Health Approach. Then there's part C!! Evaluate the use of the Ottawa Charter action areas in CVD/Cancer.

And we only have an hour to do it in! : D

o0-Prodigy-0o

HSC
mine was alright it was about ;

-instutional helath care, private health care
-risk factors of cvd
-health inqeuities experienced by people of low socio-economic status
-epidemiology and how it's relevant in assesing the current health status of australians.

it was three short answers and one extented response to do in one period

luckily i ended up getting 92%.... making it 14/15% of yearly course guarenteed.

<<<Prodigy>>>

(so help me god) my aim- 97 in pdhpe

Last edited:

kirst21k

HSC
suprisingly got 50/50 for it, mine was:

1. Collect media articles (Not advertisements) which discuss issues regarding
each of the 5 action areas of the Ottawa Charter for health promotion (as listed below) and also which relate to any one of the 7 (NHPA) priority areas. Articles must be from a newspaper, have the author’s name where possible with the article and be original (no photocopies or internet articles). You must write the Action area and (NHPA) priority area you have identified on each article.
• Developing personal skills
• Creating supportive environments
• Strengthening community action
• Reorienting health services
• Building healthy public policy

( 5 articles in total with each one relating to a different action area)

2. Select two of your newspaper articles and discuss how each article relates to both the Ottawa Action Area and the Health Priority you have identified for each article. Use specific examples from your articles as evidence. Limit your answer to a ONE typed page response.

3. Describe how one of the articles selected in question 2 has been addressed in terms of health promotion by national, state or local bodies. You should provide a minimum of two health promotion initiatives and outline how effective these initiatives have been in addressing the issue raised in the article.

4. Complete the attached table relating to the health priority areas listed and provide two examples of a health promotion initiative or strategy that addresses the Ottawa Action Area specified . I will email each student a copy of this task so that you may use the tables provided.
-had to apply all action areas to all NHPA

fionang8191

HSC
N/A
mine was to choose a priority area and then say why it was chosen as one... haven't got it back yet but i'm thinking that i did a good job. And yes it was easy!

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I Got 12/20 = 60%.

i was pretty angry, because despite the depth of the question i thought i had answered it well.

i got a teacher at my school to check it, and i fixed a few suggested things before i sent it ( i do distance ed for PDHPE ) and i got it back 12/20.

not cool.

leon4u

HSC
got 95% for mine, had to describe a health priority with an essay and a 2 minute speech very easy lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)