First day of semester (1 Viewer)

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Dear SOLS: fuckyoupleasegodiedon'teverdothattomeagain!kthxdie

So how'd everyone's day go?
Mine was brilliant. Except not.
SOLS sent me a message saying I had to go to the creative arts lecture theatre today at 10.30 so I did, only to find that MY course meeting thing wasn't until tomorrow.
So SOLS fucked up there and sent me the wrong message. I wonder if I got someone elses message and they got mine?

So then I went home, seeing as I had three and a half hours until my ACTUAL first lecture.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Heh, SOLS is a bitch, a moody one at that.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Haha but wait, there's more!
After writing that I had to go back to uni for a second lecture. I left in the pouring rain, got there saturated and waited for half an hour for the lecture. The lecture has been moved to Wednesday, apparently. The entire class was sitting there waiting for ages before we went and asked. They hadn't thought to TELL US or anything.
Haha, but despite that my second outing to uni of the day was more fun the first, we all just sat about talking and laughing.

How'd everyone else's first day of the semester go?

Mannix

HSC
wow and I thought I had to go to prison for such great treatment :haha:

malkin86

HSC
Glitter, you're doing Creative Writing? One of my mates is doing that and he got the same message.

santaslayer

HSC
My first day:

1. Got to uni @ 11am
2. Went to update my train pass
3. Went and brought some of the textbooks...federal constitutional law was outta stock...fuck unishop..:p
4. Went to find friends...didnt find ANYONE...
EDIT: took a uni calendar and uni diary
5. Am in one of the IT rooms roaming around BoS and being stoopid.

6. Going to catch the 12:54pm back to Hurstville so I can have afternoon tea with some people.
7. Going home.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Raiks why wern't you more forceful when you told me not to do COMM100 i blame you, now i have to do a stupid assessment thats due next week and the class is mainly 2/3 year students. damn you *shakes fist* other than that all is fine. why do they have an american teaching australian politics? am i the only one who finds that odd? unibar food is filthy. i think thats it. oh an i almost fell of the benches under building 67 oh dear i need to grow some co-ordination

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hmm well my first day reports aren't all that eventful, just feels weird not being the youngest at the uni anymore!

Ninga

HSC
My first day is actually technically tomorrow (wednesday) at 6:30pm. I went into uni yesterday anyways to get Missy Higgins tickets before the evil evil evil first years snapped them all up, like they snap up parking permits. And i've been going to uni for the last 2 weeks anyways starting honours stuff. Ahh well, real first day tomorrow! I should be around during the clubs day thingy, come check out ultimate frisbee, cos its ultimate fun!

pogiangel

HSC
My first day was pretty crap. Actually really crap.

So I'm trying to forget about it. Thus, from now on I will refer to my second day as my first day as it was much better.

Today was my first Graphic Design lecture and it was wayyyy better than the theory crap from yesterday. We talked course outlines etc etc and then went into the mac labs and learnt how to login etc etc. I think it was so great because I finally talked to people that I actually wanted to talk to. Not too many awkward silences after the usual questions are asked.

I too have met alot of people doing my degree that arent first years. It makes me feel all weak and small and stupid and ... ummmm ... yeh.

lol, lovin uni thus far tho. lovin the unibar the most.

Cheers, Jerome

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Ninga said:
My first day is actually technically tomorrow (wednesday) at 6:30pm. I went into uni yesterday anyways to get Missy Higgins tickets before the evil evil evil first years snapped them all up, like they snap up parking permits. And i've been going to uni for the last 2 weeks anyways starting honours stuff. Ahh well, real first day tomorrow! I should be around during the clubs day thingy, come check out ultimate frisbee, cos its ultimate fun!
is ultimate frisbee really that good?

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Well my first day started with me turning up to my first lecture of the year an hour late. Not the best start although I did end up with yet another unibar shirt after trivia yesterday.

Picked up my tickets for Garden Party and MGF. Thursday night will be a big one this week.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
It's a bit rich that she wants to charge $27.50 for the privilage. Bigger names have passed through the uni and not charged that much. But I guess she is the flavour of the month. I've got my free tickets to MGF after a productive afternoon at trivia. But I'm not paying that much for Missy. I remember she played at UOW for free when she was touring as part of the unearthed winners... how times have changed.

Ninga

HSC
Ultimate Frisbee is awesome, why else would it be called ultimate?!

I got my missy higgins tickets on monday. I've heard that they've sold out since then, but this was off a friend, so...she could be wrong. $27.50 is a bit much, seeing as it is at uni, but meh, better than going to see stuff at Entertainment centre and paying $70 - $100 for tickets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)