First Assessments (1 Viewer)

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
hey guys!

Post about how your first assessments go :)

Here's mine:
Week 5 (this week) - Modern
Week 6: Eng Adv, Eng Ext 2 Viva
Week 7: Ancient
Week 8: Business

(School finishes Dec 7th )

Finished modern, went quite well :D One HSC exam down.......a million to go....

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Week 8: Physics Assignment due and Adv Maths
Week 9: MX1, Chem, English
Week 10: MX2 (2 days before, I get to go to luna park for "MX2" and Physics :D )

Focus is Key

HSC
My first assessment for CAFS was simply submitting my IRP proposal, which I achieved a 10/10 for (only weighted at 5% of my Assessment Mark).
I also completed my first English Advanced task over Thursday and Friday. On Thursday we viewed (even though it was a Listening taask!) a ~15 minute sequence twice for making our notes on sound techniques and on that afternoon and night we were allowed to organise our notes in order to prepare for an essay question given earlier (about sound techniques, links to belonging and how a responder is positioned). It was worth 15% of our Assessment mark. I'm pretty confident I went well, just HOW well is the question.

My upcoming schedule is:

Week 8: Speech about Related Texts and links to Belonging and Perscribed Texts etc. (worth 15% for Advanced)
Week 9: Ancient History Pompeii and Herculaneum Source Task (worth 15%)
Week 10: CAFS IRP Due with diary (not including the Proposal already submitted is worth 15%), Maths Advanced, Maths Extension 1 (No clue how much the Maths ones are worth).

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Keep it up guys, doing well in the first batch of assessments is part of the reason I was able to score good ranks, even if I stumbled a little in a few subs at trials :)

ayeplus_

HSC
Week 7: Ancient History source based assessment; Biology assessment
Week 9: Maths assessment & chemistry test (kinda looking forward to this o__o)

everfree

HSC
Week 9: Ancient History, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Mathematics General and Modern History. Essentially all of my subjects excluding English Advanced (assessed next term) and History Extension (merely a major work so no true 'assessing' apart from trial/HSC and MW.) :) Good luck to everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)